Would you work for nothing?

Soldato
if there was a job at the end of it?

In 2007, 619 of us were made redundant from Indesit/Creda and one of the ideas was for other companies to try us for a week then give us a job if we both agreed.
We would still get our Indesit wages but let go early if the new company wanted us there & then.
I thought it was a fantastic idea but 95% of the workforce voted against it because it meant the other company was getting us for 'free' and what was to the stop them just getting a new worker in every week (of course this wouldn't happen).

Roll on to now and one of my colleagues works in conjunction with the Jobcentre with things called Work Trials which is exactly the same as above.
The Jobcentre send people to us for a guaranteed job but they work free for a week but they still get their benefits.
Once again about 50% of people are turning it down.

I hope that when my contract comes to an end that I have an opportunity like this because I would snap their hands off.

Try working for three months free!

I did this when I did training with Kalamazoo via the job centre, a few years ago. You train full time for six months, with the opportunity to work for free for up to three months with an employer, and if they like you, a job at the end of it!

Back
Top Bottom