WOW!!!! 1h 15mins on hold and they cut me off.

Associate
Are you serious???

If you're this busy then pay for another customer service rep (or ten)

I get it that you're busy, hence being content to waste 75 minutes of my life listening to your god awful answer phone, but to then just drop my call is inexcusable.

Hopefully there's a form I can fill out to cancel my order as I obviously wont be able to do it by phone.

Good luck to all others that have placed orders with OC, but lack of communication and inability to provide any form of customer service whatsoever means I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Caporegime
That sucks... A lot of places are struggling to keep customer relations in the green at the moment though for obvious reasons.

Post in the customer service subforum. They're nice in there and it isn't directly their fault so be nice ;)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the link d brennen, I genuinly didn't see the customer service forum before I posted here.

If I'm honest, when I placed the order back in November I'd hoped I would but didn't really expect to recieve it for Christmas. What upsets me is how quick they were to take the £2k out of my bank but it's radio silence thereafter, send me an email to tell me I'm 100th or 5000th in the queue, I don't mind, but at least let me know once you've taken my hard earnt cash. If they are not ready to build your pc due to volume that's fine, but if that's the case they should not be taking your money until they are ready to start processing your order.

To be honest, this thread is probablly in the correct place as it stands, as it's a review of OCuk performance, or lack thereoff.

They're obviously extremely busy due to time of year, Black Friday / Cyber Monday etc. but if that's the case, there should be more money in the pot to provide a decent customer service. I had a better experience getting through to HMRC when they owed me money, than I did trying to contact OCuk and that's saying something.

Per my original post, I wish all the best to those ordering from OC, and to those considering ordering, mine may be an isolated case, who knows?

Best regards.

Caporegime
Yeah the taking of the cash immediately only to place you in a queue doesn't sit right with me or many other members but for some reason thats how they do things.

I dont generally buy from OcUK that often anymore to be honest. I find the prices aren't as competitive as they once were.

Best thing about the place is the forum! :D

Don
Per my original post, I wish all the best to those ordering from OC, and to those considering ordering, mine may be an isolated case, who knows?

Other computer retailers are equally affected at the moment - it's not isolated to OcUK

I've had an order elsewhere for a couple of "normal" computer items (i.e. not GPU or CPUs) from just before Black Friday, that has only just been despatched today, and struggling with our work's I.T. Supplier to guarantee some regular items (office keyboards, mice etc) before Christmas.

Associate
Other computer retailers are equally affected at the moment - it's not isolated to OcUK

I've had an order elsewhere for a couple of "normal" computer items (i.e. not GPU or CPUs) from just before Black Friday, that has only just been despatched today, and struggling with our work's I.T. Supplier to guarantee some regular items (office keyboards, mice etc) before Christmas.

Yeah right. I've been on the phone to other online stores and never had to wait over two hours for somebody to answer the call. Most I waited was 30 minutes. 4 separate orders in 4 separate stores and all delivered without a problem. Just go and read Facebook reviews about OcUK... and this silly excuse with coronavirus please spare us that BS.

Last edited:
Associate
I didnt say that and I know exactly which competitor you are talking about. What I am saying is that everything is now excused with "coronavirus" which is getting really tiring, cant do this, cant buy this. No more cancers no more heart attacks, only covid.

Back
Top Bottom