WOW Account recovery but ....

Soldato
Ok, I will try to make this as clear as I can.

Friend of mine has a WOW account that has been hacked.

They cannot log on

Their password was changed and we tried to change it back, and we have gone through the process, but it has gone to an old EMail account. This old Email account is a BT one and she is no longer with them... I have been in touch with BT and since she is no longer with BT, they are unwilling to provide the information necessary to get access to her BT EMails.

So, we are unable to recover our WOW password because we cannot get access to our EMails.

We cannot change teh recovery email to a current one as we need to log in in order to do tyhis and we cannot log in because we need to recover our...

you know the score...

What can we do?

anyone?

Associate
Happened to a mate before. Basically what they will ask you to do is send a photocopy of the bill payers passport and they will reset the account email.

Caporegime
theres a form on their site for stuff like that aswell but it can take over a week.

why didnt he have an authenticator anyway? surely everyone has a smartphone these days

Soldato
Yep, just call Blizzard, the only thing you'll need to tell them in order to confirm who you are is the account name and a CD Key from one of the games or expansions on the account :).

Meh, I cba getting a code from my phone every time I log into my account :p.

Last edited:
Associate
The account name and cd keys should be enough.

Also you don't need the authenticator "every" time you log on, maybe once per 7 days or when ever you log on from a different IP address.

Associate
u can opt to use either the key tab or phone authenticator and also opt to use it everytime u log in or not but if as someones says cant be assed to use one then dont expect maximum security . blizz can usually reset account while your online to them if u email them a pic of your valid id and account name

acc and payments 0800 0288246 tech 020 34502175

Back
Top Bottom