1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Wow ..Zotac... Wonder if they offer 6 yr warranty if you purchase 100+ units

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by orbitalwalsh, 17 Feb 2021.

1. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

2. GhostDog1981

Gangster

3. Woodsta888

Wise Guy

Saw something yesterday where the worlds gaming cafes / cyber cafes are finding mining more profitable than their business before. Pictures of cafes with cages of 3080's set up. That's where all the gfx cards went. To burn the worlds leccy producing precisely, nothing.

4. Grim5

Sgarrista

That's in China. The internet cafes have shut down to the public and just started mining because it makes more money

5. redkrptonite

Gangster

Unbelievable. It’s like there taking the p*ss.

6. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

None of these companies give a hoot about gamers specifically, just tailoring to their market/customers in general. Miners have taken a big chunk of the market so stands to reason to aim their products wider than just gamers.

It's a PR risk when mining takes a dive again and they have to grovel more to gamers but most people would have forgotten by then anyway and still buy Zotac because they sell cheaper models.

7. SkillTim

Gangster

Ironically, their base models suck for mining. The cooler fins are too close together and the hot air has nowhere to go. They get loud so gamers won't want them either. MSI and Palit are better.

8. Kirby Wurm

Wise Guy

This sort of thing should remain unspoken, surely?

9. varkanoid

Capodecina

most of the replies agree its like rubbing it in the faces of "gamers" some go over the top a bit too.

10. Gregster

Caporegime

You can't blame them. They need to make money as well as all other businesses and mining is one way of mass selling. Personally, miners can do one (or more so the big farm miners) and whilst it continues, us gamers will get bugger all in GPUs or price battles :(

11. Odirse

Gangster

I spotted some ZOTAC 3070 GPUs being on stock yesterday at a competitor's page... they were being sold for +200£ of their initial price... way above +300£ from RRP... it is funny when you compare the card to the FE, which was being sold for like 350 quid less, even when the FE offers better performance than this model in particular... it just doesn't make any sense at all. Wouldn't mind if a couple of this manufacturers dissapear for good after all this, it has been made clear we don't need as many, as it doesn't benefit customers in terms of stock availability or pricing anyway.

12. Janer64

Associate

I got a Gamer's rig built from a reputable company in England (I'm in Ireland) and on the spec sheet it just said NVidia 3080 and no other name, so I phoned up and said which version would it be and he said one of Zotac, Gigabyte or palit.
    Then when my invoice came through it said Zotac Trinity so I had almost a month to read about it (Brexit 5 week delay but that's another story)
    My takeaway from reading was Zotac was quieter than most but very basic besides that.
    Imagine my surprise when my Rig came and it was the Gigabyte OC Gamers edition and after more reading that def is a superior card to the Zotac.
    I know it's easier said then done but people should simply boycott Zotac.

13. Woodsta888

Wise Guy

I agree with what you say. I guess GPU manufacturers know that the bubble for cryptocoins will burst so are cashing in on that bubble. The gaming bubble for lockdown, well I guess they've hedged their bets that gamers will still want these cards and wont want to buy ex mining cards. They'll be loads of cards for sale if the mining craze pops and they'll all say, 'never been mined'. Shame they cant put lifetime hours on gfx cards like they do monitors.

Which one you gonna get when normality returns?

14. ttaskmaster

Capodecina

Mining makes money, which is useful and productive. Gaming is simply kids wasting their time and money away, while producing nothing.

Might as well complain about investment bankers using computers, when gamers could be making use of them instead! :p

15. ljt

Mobster

You might call it wasting their time, but gaming helps with my mental health issues, my psychologist even recommends I take time out to game! It's a form of therapy for me.

16. muziqaz

Wise Guy

So is holidays, playing outdoors games...

17. Gerard

Caporegime

Mother ******* :mad:

18. snips86x

Capodecina

Nailed it, what scum!

19. Janer64

Associate

I'm simply a games junkie all my life, I'm 57 in April :p

20. muziqaz

Wise Guy

I'm sorry to say, but you have wasted your whole life :( :D :D Should have started mining the day you were born, to make money, you know to be productive