• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow ..Zotac... Wonder if they offer 6 yr warranty if you purchase 100+ units

Soldato
Saw something yesterday where the worlds gaming cafes / cyber cafes are finding mining more profitable than their business before. Pictures of cafes with cages of 3080's set up. That's where all the gfx cards went. To burn the worlds leccy producing precisely, nothing.

Soldato
Saw something yesterday where the worlds gaming cafes / cyber cafes are finding mining more profitable than their business before. Pictures of cafes with cages of 3080's set up. That's where all the gfx cards went. To burn the worlds leccy producing precisely, nothing.

That's in China. The internet cafes have shut down to the public and just started mining because it makes more money

Soldato
None of these companies give a hoot about gamers specifically, just tailoring to their market/customers in general. Miners have taken a big chunk of the market so stands to reason to aim their products wider than just gamers.

It's a PR risk when mining takes a dive again and they have to grovel more to gamers but most people would have forgotten by then anyway and still buy Zotac because they sell cheaper models.

Associate
Ironically, their base models suck for mining. The cooler fins are too close together and the hot air has nowhere to go. They get loud so gamers won't want them either. MSI and Palit are better.

Soldato
most of the replies agree its like rubbing it in the faces of "gamers" some go over the top a bit too.

@Tyindel
·
57m
What not a surprise. looking for it on Insta shows it uses 8 3070s and just so happens to live in the UAE so likely built for some insanely wealthy person who wants even more money than the many hundreds of millions or billions they have already

Caporegime
You can't blame them. They need to make money as well as all other businesses and mining is one way of mass selling. Personally, miners can do one (or more so the big farm miners) and whilst it continues, us gamers will get bugger all in GPUs or price battles :(

Associate
I spotted some ZOTAC 3070 GPUs being on stock yesterday at a competitor's page... they were being sold for +200£ of their initial price... way above +300£ from RRP... it is funny when you compare the card to the FE, which was being sold for like 350 quid less, even when the FE offers better performance than this model in particular... it just doesn't make any sense at all. Wouldn't mind if a couple of this manufacturers dissapear for good after all this, it has been made clear we don't need as many, as it doesn't benefit customers in terms of stock availability or pricing anyway.

Associate
Ironically, their base models suck for mining. The cooler fins are too close together and the hot air has nowhere to go. They get loud so gamers won't want them either. MSI and Palit are better.
I got a Gamer's rig built from a reputable company in England (I'm in Ireland) and on the spec sheet it just said NVidia 3080 and no other name, so I phoned up and said which version would it be and he said one of Zotac, Gigabyte or palit.
Then when my invoice came through it said Zotac Trinity so I had almost a month to read about it (Brexit 5 week delay but that's another story)
My takeaway from reading was Zotac was quieter than most but very basic besides that.
Imagine my surprise when my Rig came and it was the Gigabyte OC Gamers edition and after more reading that def is a superior card to the Zotac.
I know it's easier said then done but people should simply boycott Zotac.

Soldato
You can't blame them. They need to make money as well as all other businesses and mining is one way of mass selling. Personally, miners can do one (or more so the big farm miners) and whilst it continues, us gamers will get bugger all in GPUs or price battles :(

I agree with what you say. I guess GPU manufacturers know that the bubble for cryptocoins will burst so are cashing in on that bubble. The gaming bubble for lockdown, well I guess they've hedged their bets that gamers will still want these cards and wont want to buy ex mining cards. They'll be loads of cards for sale if the mining craze pops and they'll all say, 'never been mined'. Shame they cant put lifetime hours on gfx cards like they do monitors.

Which one you gonna get when normality returns?

Soldato
Mining makes money, which is useful and productive. Gaming is simply kids wasting their time and money away, while producing nothing.

Might as well complain about investment bankers using computers, when gamers could be making use of them instead! :p

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Mining makes money, which is useful and productive. Gaming is simply kids wasting their time and money away, while producing nothing.

Might as well complain about investment bankers using computers, when gamers could be making use of them instead! :p

You might call it wasting their time, but gaming helps with my mental health issues, my psychologist even recommends I take time out to game! It's a form of therapy for me.

Back
Top Bottom