wrist roller?

dun

dun

Soldato
2 things helped me tremendously. 1 stretch them out a lot, have a google there are lots of videos etc about it. But mainly I dramatically cut down the computer time, especially playing games.

Soldato
OP
strength is weak generally, although there is some pain in my left wrist when i try to lift heavy weights - i think i want something i can start low and build up strength.

Soldato
strength is weak generally, although there is some pain in my left wrist when i try to lift heavy weights - i think i want something i can start low and build up strength.

Some people recommend wrist curls and extensions, I don't, it's not natural.

Exercises that can help wrist strength are those that work through several places / involve twisting. And those that involve prolonged gripping.

Good ones are:
-Single arm cable chops, with twists / squats e.t.c
-Walking lunges / squats / deads / cleans - with heavy dumbells / barbells
-Chins
-Bicep curls involving pronation / supination / rotations / hammer curls

Try entering a chinup position, and slowly release your grip till you hang by your fingertips, then aggressively squeeze again to bring yourself into a full, tight grip of the bar. Repeat with slow negatives.

Walking lunges with heavy dumbells work very well for me, not putting dumbells down between sets. Leg days are awesome for really aggressively working the grip because if you fatigue your wrist flexors it doesn't have to inhibit the workout.

Hope that helps.

Ant :cool:

PS. Some people swear by captain of crush grippers and the like. I think it's better to build functional strength through exercises like those listed above.

Associate
Another one utilised by climbers a lot is holding a weight plate by the edge down by your side, sandwiched between fingers and thumb. Then use the finger tips to pull the plate into the palm of your hand by making a grip type of movement.

Thanks Wanton. I also need to improve my grip so will give some of those a try.

RB

Back
Top Bottom