Writing a letter to BT

Associate
How hard is it just to speak to an engineer, i've had enough of waiting 20 minutes to only get through to some indian call center for them to do the exact same test i've done with every other person to say they're going to do a 'line check' and it never gets done and i get hung up on.

Basically, my problem is my IP profile is stuck at 2mb, since i was activated 3 months ago i have remained sync'd at 8192kb, no dropouts, as i live 300m from the exchange.

Anyway, everytime i try and explain to the numpty on the end of the phone, even in SIMPLE terms none of them have any idea, they dont have hardly any product knowledge and working in customer service, i know how frustrating it can be when the person on the other end of the phone doesnt know what they're talking about but im at the end of my tether, so i thought i'd write a letter instead, does anyone know the address for BT Broadband complaints?

Soldato
This should be the number for Broadband Complaints Office number 08003287103. I've been told everyone speaks English and they are usually very helpful.

Soldato
Speaking to an engineer won't do you any good, engineers are out in the field doing installs and have nothing to do with your profile. If you're getting hung up on call back and ask to speak to a Team Manager, if that doesn't get the desired action then make a complaint. I'm no fan of non uk call centre's wherever they are but refering to them as an '****** indian call centre' isn't going to help and is bordering on offensive.

Associate
OP
Avalon said:
Speaking to an engineer won't do you any good, engineers are out in the field doing installs and have nothing to do with your profile. If you're getting hung up on call back and ask to speak to a Team Manager, if that doesn't get the desired action then make a complaint. I'm no fan of non uk call centre's wherever they are but refering to them as an '****** indian call centre' isn't going to help and is bordering on offensive.

I don't quite like what you're insinuating, and if its what i 'think' you're insinuating, thats PRETTY offensive gesture to make regarding someone you actually dont know.

Back
Top Bottom