WTB Dell Studio 15, please review specs

Soldato
It's been shipped today, original delivery date was 12/05/10, although it does say the following
POSSIBLE DELIVERY DELAY OF YOUR DELL ORDER DUE TOICELANDIC VOLCANIC ERUPTION

Granted it's coming from China, but you'd think with the airspace open there shouldn't be a problem.

Soldato
Just picked myself up a Dell Studio 15 (1557) from outlet, arrived yesterday:

i7 1.6Ghz 720m
4GB DDR3 RAM
320GB (7200rpm)
Ati 4570 512mb
1080p upgrade
Win 7 Pro

Getting some pictures and benchmarks done it and post a little review later.

Soldato
£524.54, has a few extra things as well such as 9 cell battery and Red microsatin finish which actually looks better than I expected. It's meant to be a refurbished model but bar very slight line on the lid I'm struggling to see any other signs of use.

It does indeed run very toasty, but doesn't help that the weather down here is roasting, my main PC temps shot up by over 15C! I been running benchmarks on it all day and temps have been (according to Coretemp) between 36C and 73C. Since this will be used mostly as desktop replacement and won't be leaving the house much I've ordered myself Enermax Aerolus cooler for it which should help somewhat.

Soldato
Yeah VAT and delivery, I've been on the lookout for a good deal on the outlet for around 3 weeks. Originally wanted something with Ati 5650 for extra 3D performance but this was just too good to pass on.

Associate
Very nice, I won't embarass myself by saying what I bought on the Outlet a few weeks ago for a similar price.

I'm happy with what I got though. You pays yer money and takes yer chance.

Like you said regarding build quality, mine was immaculate despite being listed as a grade 1 scratch and dent. Thumbs up to anyone thinking of buying via the Outlet. Communication from the courier service after despatch by Dell was poor but it arrived eventually.

England for the World Cup.......!

Soldato
Recently moved to mobile broadband and I was just wondering if the slot behind the battery in my Studio 15 actually works for mobile broadband? At the minute i'm using a dongle but I'd prefer to use this if it works. I tried my sim card in it but nothing happened.

thanks

Matt

Soldato
Hmm just looked at mine and does look like a SIM slot and manual confirms it although mentions that's it optional so maybe it's something that could've been bought as an extra?

Soldato
My temps are starting to worry me somewhat, I'm reaching over 80C on prime with me i7 without cooler pad. Just got the pad this morning and temps still reaching 75C is that normal for this model? What sort of temps are people getting on their machines?

Back
Top Bottom