WTF is this? Has my ID been stolen?

Caporegime
Got this email this morning:

SmPpWsP.png

The text, for translation purposes, is this:

Por solicitação do(a) CAIXA ECONOMICA FEDERAL, o(s) registro(s) de débito abaixo será(ão) incluído(s) em seu nome na base SCPC - Serviço Central de Proteção ao Crédito, de abrangência nacional. Após 10 (dez) dias corridos a partir do envio deste e-mail, estas informações serão exibidas nas consultas ao SCPC e poderão causar restrições ao crédito. Conforme o art. 43 § 2º do Código de Defesa do Consumidor, estamos avisando previamente para que você possa regularizar sua dívida e preservar seu relacionamento com o mercado.
Estas informações serão utilizadas para análise de crédito e cálculo do score.

Which translates to:

At the request of CAIXA ECONOMICA FEDERAL, the debit register (s) below will be included in its name on the SCPC - Central Credit Protection Service, of national scope. After 10 (ten) calendar days from the sending of this email, this information will be displayed in the SCPC queries and may cause credit restrictions. According to art. 43 § 2 of the Consumer Defense Code, we are advising you in advance so that you can settle your debt and preserve your relationship with the market. This information will be used for credit analysis and score calculation.

And then:

Para esclarecimentos e informações sobre meio e condições de pagamento para regularização da dívida, entre em contato com a empresa credora abaixo, com quem foi realizada a operação de crédito:

CAIXA ECONOMICA FEDERAL
São Paulo
00000-000
"Solicitamos desconsiderar este aviso caso o debito já tenha
sido regularizado."
"Havendo dúvidas,por favor dirija-se à sua agencia CAIXA de
relacionamento ou procure a agencia mais proxima."

Caso necessite de informações adicionais, você deve solicitar junto à empresa credora ou ao SCPC/SP. É responsabilidade da empresa credora a exclusão do(s) registro(s) de débito do banco de dados.

Which translates to:

For clarification and information on the means and conditions of payment for debt settlement, please contact the credit company below, with whom the credit transaction was performed:

FEDERAL ECONOMIC BOX
Sao Paulo
00000-000
"We request to disregard this notice if the debit has already
Been regularized. "
"If you have any questions, please contact your CAIXA
Relationship or look for the nearest agency. "

If you need additional information, you must request from the creditor company or SCPC / SP. It is the creditor company's responsibility to exclude the debit registration (s) from the database.

The email address it came from is:

[email protected]

Now I have two theories here. The first is that I've been haxxored and someone's nicked my identity and somehow got some wedge from a bank in my name. In this case I'll have to get in touch with them and somehow resolve this.

The other is that this is a scam and someone is hoping I pay the money to settle this nonexistent debt.

Either way I have no intention of going to Brazil soon so will just ignore it probably.

What say you OCUK detectives?

Soldato
New scam going around. Starting to get more and more spam coming from Brazil lately, biggest one is apparent xbox live points I keep buying yet I don't even have an account, no money is taken from my accounts and when I spoke to Microsoft they said it wouldn't be possible for another region to use my account if I even had one.

Soldato
Either way I have no intention of going to Brazil soon so will just ignore it probably.

I urge to you reconsider this ^^
Have you seen the hot babes from Brazil?

babe-x.jpg

Soldato
Same old scam, different language.

I have instant suspicion of anything sent in an e-mail which asks for financial details and has the words federal somewhere there.

If it was something important, i am sure you would get it in the post.

Soldato
looks legit to me. If you send me your bank details and personal info I'll put this right for you so you don't get more hassle................

alternatively take a dump in the senders fridge Kyle style

Back
Top Bottom