X-Mi X mini speakers

Associate
Not exactly hi-fi, I know, but I heard someone using these speakers at a BBQ I was at recently, and they were the loudest and clearest speakers of that size I've ever seen! They easily beat most desktop speakers, so I thought I should buy a pair for my MP3 player. (Not to listen on the bus or anything lame like that, but if me and my imaginary friends ever go to a picnic/excursion/viking raid)

They seem to go for around £15 each, most places will give you a slight discount if you buy 2.

Anyone else had the joy of experiencing them, or owns a pair of their own?

hux

hux

Soldato
Yup i own the x-mini max and it's a fantastic little speaker, everyone who has heard it has also been impressed.

It packs such a punch for something not much bigger than a babybel.

I am however curious about altec lansing portable speaket, orbit i think that too is meant to be pretty good.

They really need to do a twin speaker setup, but joined much like what sony and nokia do, also a bigger speaker would be great as well.

hux

hux

Soldato
Yeah i know, but i meant the two permanently set side by side, in kind of a figure of eight pattern.

Wow so the twin setup is nothing special, good job i didn't plump for them then.

Associate
OP
I'm sure I've seen the Max ones clipped together bottom-to-bottom and lying on their side - that's sort of a twin setup isn't it?

TBH though I'm probably not going to go for the Max, gonna get the X-mini II, as that's the one I heard at that party and it sounded great, plus it's half the price and smaller than the Max.

hux

hux

Soldato
Sorry yeah it's the x-mini II i have, i read up and it's meant to be the best of the bunch.

Got it for £15 too as it was b grade stock, came as is just no instructions, bargain.

Soldato
These really are brilliant, no two ways about it. They're not stupidly loud though, so if you don't expect that, then you won't be disappointed.

I went camping with a few mates at the beginning of the month, and we had one of these with us. It didn't run out of juice in the time we were using it (at least 5 hours), and TBH I was staggered with how good a job it did. Not much bass (as you'd expect for a speaker of this size), but standing it on our plastic coolbox reinforced the bass massively.

In the past we used a ghetto blaster with about 50 'D' cell batteries. The X Mini was easily as good and massively cheaper to run.

Back
Top Bottom