• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x16-x4

Soldato
I can't see where it says its SLI, had a look on the Gigabyte website and a review. The BIOS updates on the gigabyte site don't mention adding SLI either. Where did you read that it was SLI?

As the p55 board splits the PCIE lanes then I guess the crossfire would have to be x12x4 or something similar. After looking at this review PCIE 2.0 x4 doesn't seem so bad - but if you want to use multi GPU this probably isn't the best board to be looking at.

Permabanned
OP
Multi-display support with ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI
P55-UD6 supporting both ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI delivers the ultimate in graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.

got that from misco
Manufacturer Part No: GA-P55M-UD2

Soldato
Multi-display support with ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI
P55-UD6 supporting both ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI delivers the ultimate in graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.

This description is clearly on the wrong page on their site, looks like its meant for the UD6 (which does support SLI). The UD2 doesn't.

Soldato
I have just bought a second HD4770 to run in Xfire on my IP35 as i got one fairly cheap.

Results so far have been promising.

Devil May Cry 4 shows a jump of 120fps to 263fps in the benchmark built into the game (i know that this is not visible to human eye - but it shows that the second 4x Slot is doing something!)

did a 3dmark 03 run and hit 58k points - 1k behind this!!! http://biostar-sme.com/images/benchmark/vga-4890-1gb/3dM03-1N.jpg so i am quite happy for a £350 machine!

Need to run some more benchies really to see what i am getting, have a feeling i am going to be rather CPU limited with my [email protected] (Max stable OC), would i be right?

think that i got circa 9k in Vantage last night with the cards clocked to 830/850 and CPU at 3ghz.

Soldato
As the p55 board splits the PCIE lanes then I guess the crossfire would have to be x12x4 or something similar. After looking at this review PCIE 2.0 x4 doesn't seem so bad - but if you want to use multi GPU this probably isn't the best board to be looking at.

Getting a board with a 16x 2.0 and a 4x2.0 wont be too badly limited, there is a techpowerup article showing how the performance drop even on a 5870 is minimal.

Except they used a single card on a gimped x58, not quite the same thing as two cards sharing bandwidth on an x8/x8 on die controller.

This one should give a better idea > ATI HD 5870 Scaling Performance: X58 vs P55 Showdown

Keep an eye on the min frames.

20162.png

20164.png

20168.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom