1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X4 Foundations

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by SkeeterUK, 29 Aug 2017.

1. Brutal biff

Hitman

Yeah sussed it now plenty of ore about can't seem to find any decent silicon tho

Factions seem to be a hell of a lot more aggressive now especially hop sent a large fleet about 3 arg stations been destroyed already only 4 hrs in the game

2. Vidar

Soldato

I'm loving playing this game again, the Terran DLC is brilliant so far. I'm currently planning a hostile takeover of Mars just cause I like the sector. I have a feeling it's not going to go well though having watched an Asgard one shot a xenon battleship.

I'm having a nightmare with FPS drops though, have a 9900k @ 5.1Ghz, 32GB of 3600Mhz DDR 4 and a 3080. Around stations etc I'll get drops from around 120fps to as low as 20fps or if there's a lot going on which makes it pretty unplayable. CPU isn't going above 30% utilization but GPU is anywhere between 95% and 99%

Any tips for dealing with this?

3. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

4. BUDFORCE

Mobster

If it makes you feel better I am getting the same, normally in asteroid fields.

But yes I am also really enjoying a new play through.

5. VoG

Soldato

I've just started playing this again for the first time in maybe half a year as i waited for the Terran dlc to drop, & i've forgotten all the shortcuts etc, which is damn embarrassing when you consider i've got 1189 hours on the game!. :p

6. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

I asked egosoft about adding amd's FSR to the game:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=439541

Looks like they are going to, according to latest beta 5 of 4.10 patch notes.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=405397
    Also new in beta 5:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=5071917#p5071917

7. Panos

Capodecina

Patch 4.10 is out list of changed

8. BUDFORCE

Mobster

Custom game start eh?

I went back to play Terrans and really enjoyed it initially, but.... Because their economy is unique to everyone else's, if you stick to terran tech you can't trade with everyone else, if you don't youve then got to get all the blueprints for 2 lots effectively, and lost interest at that point.

Also whilst the terran ships are pretty cool, I still think the Split ships in the main look better, definitely more piratey, yarrrr.

9. DEL 707

Mobster

I've been following a guide to get me going. I started as a "Young Gun" and so far I have a few miners to my name, 1 trader and a Energy Cell station. I have 7 million cr in the bank. I've got a ton of questions and I'm looking for some help.

Can anyone recommend a nice upgrade ship from my Elite Vanguard, I'm a "Friend of the Argon Federation".

On stations, what do the sell and buy offers means? Also how do you see how much stock the station actually has of a product?

On the trade filter, what do the hexagons next to items mean?

How useful is automatic pricing? My energy cell station is automatically setting the price to 21cr, which no one is buying. Another energy station a few sectors away is selling at 13cr. If I manually lower the price, then people start buying my stock. Following the guide, I set up my station to trade hull parts, but again, the automatic pricing isn't really helping much, there's 1cr difference between the buy and sell price. I'm not getting many customers

When it comes to exploring sectors, is there a way to know if you've found all the stations in the area? Also, how well does auto explore work?

10. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

11. Panos

Capodecina

Welcome. Replied to you at the post in the forums :)

12. Panos

Capodecina

Made some updates on the perf discussions. No change with 21.10.1 on Windows 10.
    Tonight going to try last MESA 21.3 from git (the one giving ray tracing on all AMD GPUs), new AMDVLK (will switch drivers testing both) and all with the new Kernel 5.15rc4 (dozens of improvements on Zen & Radeon modules)

Haven't heard anything from Egosoft even when mentioned that willing to help running the brand new AMD Vulkan profiler to find out where the game has perf issues.

Also I am in the process trying to find a used GTX1080Ti at reasonable price, or a 2080Ti or a new 3080 as close to MSRP as possible. (I am on EVGA queue for both 3080 models)
    1080Ti is a sidegrade generaly but on X4 will be 40% faster.

13. DEL 707

Mobster

Thanks for the help!

14. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Yea i tried the new drivers after ddu today. Nothing changed i dont think.

Gluck with ur other testing.

Yeah ego dont wana know i think.

U can get FE cards sometimes at midnight or 1am or 2am one of them is when i think they refresh the page for stock to buy direct from em i think.

15. Panos

Capodecina

OCUK won't ship to Greece and is no no to buy new goods from UK and ship them to EU even if they did so.
    Only used parts from private sellers or from EU stores. Otherwise have to pay double VAT and import taxes. The reason why many EU companies do not sell to UK customers these days.

16. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

I meant nvidia store.

17. Panos

Capodecina

Greece not in the countries they ship unfortunately.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2021
  18. DEL 707

Mobster

I spent a few hours working on my PAR rep and I can now finally buy a Nemesis, my next question is, what weapons shall I put on it?
    At the moment I just have a load of Plasma MkI, are there any up to day weapon guides out there?

19. arknor

Caporegime

did they ever add AI that actually works

20. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

they usually say ai needs cpu so they cant make it better as its already cpu hungry the game due to economy crap. I call bull but whatever.