X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Dead?

muj

muj

Associate
@GIGA-Man

I have x470 Aorus motherboard and when I turn it on the RGB flashes and turns off with the "Power" and "Reset CMOS" light stays on. I've spoken to support and they referred me to [email protected].

How quick will they replace or repair?
Do they just need the serial number?

Last edited:
Associate
@GIGA-Man

I have x470 Aorus motherboard and when I turn it on the RGB flashes and turns off with the "Power" and "Reset CMOS" light stays on. I've spoken to support and they referred me to [email protected].

How quick will they replace or repair?
Do they just need the serial number?

If you mail the returns address they will tell you everything they need and serial number will be one of the details along with proof of purchase. Being as it's so close to Christmas I would advise you do it ASAP. If it's a simple repair it should be about 5 days. If they need to replace it they providing they have stock it should be the same, if they need to order a new one for you that could take a little longer. The returns person should be able to tell you, pass me the returns number and I will keep an eye on it for you.

muj

muj

Associate
OP
If you mail the returns address they will tell you everything they need and serial number will be one of the details along with proof of purchase. Being as it's so close to Christmas I would advise you do it ASAP. If it's a simple repair it should be about 5 days. If they need to replace it they providing they have stock it should be the same, if they need to order a new one for you that could take a little longer. The returns person should be able to tell you, pass me the returns number and I will keep an eye on it for you.
Sent it off yesterday, its been delivered today. Here is the RMA number UKA-18C0120

Why do we have to pay the £15 extra for returns, many companies don't charge.

muj

muj

Associate
OP
@GIGA-Man

Seems like they have repaired the motherboard and will be receiving on Monday, could you check which components they repaired or replaced?

Associate
Hello Muj,

I have just come back from being away but know you got your board back and a reply on what was changed. Just to clarify, it was a resistor that needed to be changed as it had failed. We did this and sent the board back to you ASAP so you have it for the holiday.
In regards to the charge, that's part of the RMA options we offer and you didn't need to select that option. It's not a charge for us to repair to the board, it just covers the cost of next day delivery and insurance to send the board back to you.

Associate
Back to GIGA-Man then, or, if it was a tick box jobbie, it might have been just leave it blank.

If you couldn't see the option though, they should specify how to do it without the charge.

Associate
Must be something with the X470 Gaming 7. I ordered two of them from Spamazon, both came trashed (obviously returns). Gave up in the meantime, waiting to see what X570 brings before ordering off OcUK.

Associate
@GIGA-Man man
sorry to start up an old thread but this popped up while searching.
I have this board and am running latest bios on main bios but read the otherday that i should flash the second bios as i have a new ryzen3700 and the older bios wont support the new chip. So i tried to flash the second bios to a newer in case something happened to my main bios but I can not seem to do it. qflash in bios does not recognise any usb flash drive with the new bios on it, it sees the drive but not the bios file. Any way i thought i would try booting from the second bios but all i get is a 00 on the debug and nothing else so it looks like the second bios is not there. Any ideas what the problem is or what I am doing wrong.
cheers

Back
Top Bottom