X570 cooling

Associate
I heard that a lot with X570 boards. "My chipset fan doesn't come on, only at startup". I tended to believe that until I came across a reddit thread where a guy filmed his X570 chipset fan and found out it would spin up during gaming. It wasn't on constantly but it sometimes was triggered by the chipset temperature. Can you really say with your headset in and game audio booming while concentrating, you look to your side and say "yeah my x570 fan isn't spinning".

I get the future proof argument of X570 over B550 but unless you have a very specific case scenario of say multiple 4k video editing everyday, having a primary 4.0 drive like a 1TB 980 Pro and then a 2TB 3.0 nvme for storing music, movies and other misc stuff is going to be absolutely fine.

Associate
I watercooled my chipset for a while (x570 pro) - used a modified swiftech block. It was fine and worked. But my goal in all this way trying to get a silent as possible machine. Little did I know before this was that the main cause of noise coming from my machine was coil whine from my psu not the chipset. First time I ever had bad coil whine from a psu so I dismissed it out of end. This was on a Seasonic Platinum too.

In short then I don't think there is any reason to worry about the fan - certainly on my board is no louder than ambient. And make sure its not something else which is making the noise which as I've found is not always easy.

Back
Top Bottom