• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x850 XT @ stock - too hot!

Soldato
right, i'm having some trouble with the temps of my x850 xt at the moment whilst playing Battlefield2 - i alt tabbed out today and it was @ 91 degrees.

anyone got any ideas how i can lower temps? its not like my case lacks ventilation...got a coolermaster loaded with 4 fans @ max rpm :confused:

Associate
|Show| said:
right, i'm having some trouble with the temps of my x850 xt at the moment whilst playing Battlefield2 - i alt tabbed out today and it was @ 91 degrees.

anyone got any ideas how i can lower temps? its not like my case lacks ventilation...got a coolermaster loaded with 4 fans @ max rpm :confused:

Stock cooler? Take it off and reset it with some new paste. Or get a new cooler, Zalman or Arctic.

Associate
as above^^

another thing to try, download and install atitool if u havent already and then turn fan speed up.

I found my stock cooler defaulted to run at 15% all the way upto 80c :eek:

Zalman VF700 is pretty good, kept my X850XT at a max of 65c load :)

Associate
^^^ what he says - don't just try it, do it!
The defaults on my card are

0 - 86 15% Fan Speed
86- 91 18%
91 + 100%

I have in ATiTool
0-50 14%
50-55 23%
55-60 32%
60-65 41%
etc
etc
I have more set but it's a bit pointless since it never goes above 60c now

Soldato
As cypriobrit says!

Re-apply thermal compound and properly reseat the heatsink. 90+ is never a nice temp to see! :eek:

That should do the job! If you want more cooling performance i have an x850xt with an arctic cooler 5 rev 2 and it keeps my card lovely and chilled at very quiet levels!

I have the card at 621/596 up from the stock 520/540 and it idles around 30 degrees and doesn't go much over 50 degrees under heavy load (Oblivion being my game of choice at the moment!!!)! Very impressed with it! :cool:

Keep us posted! :)

gt_junkie

Back
Top Bottom