PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
It's abit cheeky to expect all dlc included as well imo, I mean game pass is in my view far too cheap as it is so they have to get money some how.

£3.99 for pc pass is a steal
Is it really though? You can get prey and shadow of war for less than the sub price. The indie games are dirt cheap as well. The only games worth paying the sub for are gears 5, fh4 and metro. Still the sub adds up if you pay it every month and I'm pretty sure it won't stay that low for long. Buying DLC for a game you don't even own sounds crazy to me.

Man of Honour
Is it really though? You can get prey and shadow of war for less than the sub price. The indie games are dirt cheap as well. The only games worth paying the sub for are gears 5, fh4 and metro. Still the sub adds up if you pay it every month and I'm pretty sure it won't stay that low for long. Buying DLC for a game you don't even own sounds crazy to me.

I consider it to be a good deal, few quid a month gets access to Forza 4, Metro Exodus, Gears 5, Outer Worlds, Dead Cells, Void B******ds, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Bards Tale 4, Space Hulk Tactics, Middle Earth Shadow of War, Banner Saga 1,2 & 3 , Astroneer, Wolfenstein 2, Football Manager 2019, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Slay the Spire, Ark, Vampyr, Ori and the Blind Forest, Hellblade, Hollow Knight, Prey, Dead Rising 4, Surviving Mars, Mutant Year Zero, Imperator Rome, Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun.... and thats just the games that I would play that I know, throw in some titles that I dont know of which turn out to be good and it is a steal of a sub price imo.

Soldato
I feel it is, but each to there own.

Half the time the dlcs that come out are not worth the cost anyway or add clothes and usual tat these days

Soldato

The outer worlds is coming to game pass too in fairness.

Associate

you can get 2 games for under £3.99?

i suppose it depends on what type of games you play but for me Game Pass PC is great value for me, i like a lot of the indie games on there and Ori for instance would cost at least £10 on pc? gears is £50, thats already more than a years sub to Game Pass, win and i get to try loads of indie games i dont want to pay £15+ odd for, messenger, wargroove ect.

Soldato
It's abit cheeky to expect all dlc included as well imo, I mean game pass is in my view far too cheap as it is so they have to get money some how.

£3.99 for pc pass is a steal

Well it's a bit cheeky to sell games and then charge for extra content on top, but that's another matter.

I do agree though that it's fantastic value and I probably wouldn't expect the DLC as well at that price. The problem is if I'm buying a game then I may consider buying the DLC on top, but if it's a subscription service I'm only ever going to play it however it's provided to me, so I'll simply miss out on that content. Separate DLC just seems a bit at odds with a subscription service.

Soldato
Had a strange issue with the app today. I had it installing Gears 4 yesterday and it was around 50% done when I shut down. Today its no longer showing in my list of installed/installing games. I figured this was annoying but not the end of the world and I'd just kick it off again, however the disk space it allocated for the install has not been freed up, the drive I was installing on was going to have about 10GB left after the install and that's all that is showing now. I can install it on a separate drive but obviously its not great if this keeps happening and I'd like to get thats space back. Anyone got any ideas, I've tried to look in the area where I guess it installs but they have messed with permissions.

Edit - Hmm actually, there is a DeliveryOptimization\Cache folder on that drive with a 133GB file in it, which matches the size of the install, and dated yesterday. So I'm guessing that's it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My 3 months trial finishes in October and I know I’m gonna want to continue it as I think it’s great.

How much is the auto renew price atm, and is there anyway to prepay for a year rather than have money come out of my bank every month?

Soldato
My 3 months trial finishes in October and I know I’m gonna want to continue it as I think it’s great.

How much is the auto renew price atm, and is there anyway to prepay for a year rather than have money come out of my bank every month?

Keep an eye on eBay. There was someone flogging 6 month codes for £19.99 earlier in the week (OOS now). Good deals tend to get posted on HUKD regularly.

Soldato
I signed up the other day. It's great value. There are some bloody great games on there.

I was close to buying Vampyr and Bloodstained the other day. Now I've just got this and they come with it. Bargain!

Only unfortunate thing is that none of the games I've downloaded on there support the PS4 controller.

Caporegime
Had a strange issue with the app today. I had it installing Gears 4 yesterday and it was around 50% done when I shut down. Today its no longer showing in my list of installed/installing games. I figured this was annoying but not the end of the world and I'd just kick it off again, however the disk space it allocated for the install has not been freed up, the drive I was installing on was going to have about 10GB left after the install and that's all that is showing now. I can install it on a separate drive but obviously its not great if this keeps happening and I'd like to get thats space back. Anyone got any ideas, I've tried to look in the area where I guess it installs but they have messed with permissions.

Edit - Hmm actually, there is a DeliveryOptimization\Cache folder on that drive with a 133GB file in it, which matches the size of the install, and dated yesterday. So I'm guessing that's it.
I had murders with game pass the other day when I added another SSD and tried to move my games over. Gears disappeared. I ended up having to download it through Microsoft store, and it appeared in game pass. Kept throwing up errors when I tried to download through the app.

Soldato
Got 4 months for only £1 as I bought an AMD 3700X CPU which came bundled with 3 months free then 1 more month for £1! :D Incredible value for money shame that apart from Epic other digital PC game providers seem intent on charging full price for recent PC games which seems so antiquated now :p

Soldato
Noticing something very annoying with xbox gamepass - games are taking double the amount of diskspace than they need, that I really can't afford to be wasting (I have 2 gaming SSD drives already almost full).

What I've found is ( taking one game as an example, Metro Exodus...)

- On whatever base drive you choose to install on, It will create a "WindowsApps" folder and then in there a folder called "DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.18.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me". This folder will be the size of the game - 60 odd GB's in Metro's case.

- The problem is there is another folder created in the WindowsApps folder called "MSIXVC". In this folder there are various long string filename entries ('files' and 'XVI files') that also end up totalling the same amount of GB's as the other folder. This means one game is taking up about 130GB of space!

Anyone else found this or know what's going on? In the interests of science I tried deleting the MSIXVC folder and it wouldn't let me. I terminated any xbox gamepass instances running in Task Manager and tried again, this time it worked. As feared though now the game won't launch, even though the xbox gampass launcher still has a 'play' option. Even weirder, the other folder - "DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.18.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me" - now contains 0KB of data and I've had to uninstall the game and redownload it.

I know it's a beta, but WTF. What a mess of a system, and what possible logic is there to have already massive games taking up twice the diskspace that they need!?

Last edited:
Soldato
With Xbox Gamepass I've started a a few new games looking for something to play next.

Vampyr. Eh, it's OK. Wouldn't pay much for it though tbh. Not sure if I'll continue it.
Metro Exodus. Not a big fan of the first two Metro games. I started them but didn't finish. Enjoying this one a lot more. Can't play it on particularly high settings unfortunately
Bloodstained ROTN. Seems good. Definitely one I'll play through at some point.

Caporegime
With Xbox Gamepass I've started a a few new games looking for something to play next.

Vampyr. Eh, it's OK. Wouldn't pay much for it though tbh. Not sure if I'll continue it.
Metro Exodus. Not a big fan of the first two Metro games. I started them but didn't finish. Enjoying this one a lot more. Can't play it on particularly high settings unfortunately
Bloodstained ROTN. Seems good. Definitely one I'll play through at some point.
Don’t you fancy Gears 5? I’m really enjoying it. Graphics are next level awesome.

What card you got?

Back
Top Bottom