PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
I'm not so sure... Game Pass uses Windows Store which AFAIK doesn't let you launch other software from an app downloaded from it. e.g. You can't install Rockstar Social Club/Games Launcher as part of a download from Windows Store. I think that's why it's not available to PC. On Xbox, you sign in to RSC from within the game, on PC it's via the extra client.
Give it time MS are changing the way it works on PC so it will eventually work with 3rd party launchers. Bethesda games like Fallout 4 work on game pass ;) coming to PC sooner or later! These publishers will not ignore how much money game pass is making per month in subs (which they get a big cut from!).

Associate
Is there a simple way to use Steam Controllers with Game Pass games? I've tried using GloSC and can get as far as placing a shortcut into Steam, but no further. Is there a better way than using GloSC or is it simply not possible?

Last edited:
Soldato
any ETA when Witcher 3 comes to game pass for PC? £15 for game of the year edition currently. I am wanting RDR2 too but waiting for the price to come under £20!

The Witcher 3 is on sale regularly at £10.99 for the GOTY. The season pass is usually £7.99 on sale. So you'd be saving £3 once you've bought the DLC, assuming the game ever comes to PC Game Pass. But you'd lose mods, as Windows Store games tend to lack any mod support (due to the different file structure).

As for RDR2, I wouldn't hold your breath. Rockstar's insistence on people using the Rockstar Launcher is likely to be a stumbling block.

Last edited:
Associate
Is there a simple way to use Steam Controllers with Game Pass games? I've tried using GloSC and can get as far as placing a shortcut into Steam, but no further. Is there a better way than using GloSC or is it simply not possible?

Sorry to bump the question - just hoping someone can help... The game in question is Streets of Rage — looking to work out some isolation rage with junior clanger.... Any help gratefully received!

Soldato
Alan Wake is up now but its a barebones release identical to the humble bundle release so unless you never played it before not sure its worth bothering with as Remedy cba to do anything new with it for the 10th anniversary :rolleyes:

Soldato
I paused the master chief collection dl and today I cannot go further with it. Install button simply does nothing, I can't uninstall the partial data I have already downloaded either. Every other game is fine but this one is just stuck.

Caporegime
OP
I have decided next time I reinstall Windows, the XBox apps are going nowhere near my PC. Game Pass is lovely and all but I'm not having half-installed programs, encrypted folders, etc. scattered about my system. I'll take a chance with Steam and its refund system.

Soldato
I paused the master chief collection dl and today I cannot go further with it. Install button simply does nothing, I can't uninstall the partial data I have already downloaded either. Every other game is fine but this one is just stuck.

Try managing and installing it from the windows store rather then app. I had same issue you mentioned, and going via store seemed to resolve it.

Caporegime
OP
Haha it sure does. Still a cracking game hope they get a number 2 out

I would be in favour of that [Alan Wake 2] but having had a dabble with Control, I think I'd like Control 2 even more. But first they should go back and tart up Max Payne 1 so it plays nice with Windows 10 without having to resort to patches/mods. :p

Associate
I would be in favour of that [Alan Wake 2] but having had a dabble with Control, I think I'd like Control 2 even more. But first they should go back and tart up Max Payne 1 so it plays nice with Windows 10 without having to resort to patches/mods. :p

Yea would love a remaster of max 1 n 2 also. i havnt played control yet waiting for the new gpus as my 1070 cant handle it well, Hoping it comes to gamepass like metro exodus did when the epic store exclusive finishes but its currently only £13 on epic so waying my options as i wont play it till sep/oct when the gpus are rumoured to arrive

Back
Top Bottom