PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
Yea would love a remaster of max 1 n 2 also. i havnt played control yet waiting for the new gpus as my 1070 cant handle it well, Hoping it comes to gamepass like metro exodus did when the epic store exclusive finishes but its currently only £13 on epic so waying my options as i wont play it till sep/oct when the gpus are rumoured to arrive
Huh? How can it not handle it? I played control with my 1070 with zero issues

Associate
Huh? How can it not handle it? I played control with my 1070 with zero issues

Well i cant handle it on high/ultra settings and im wanting to run it at 1440p not 1080p nt a snob but id rather play it on max than medium so il wait have loads of other games to get through as wel lol

Soldato
Wow my games would download about 100mb before just completely stopping, i tried reboots, re-installs, updating network adapter......nothing.

turns out you need to Sync your windows time clock otherwise downloads often wont initialize........pathetic!

Soldato
Excuse my ignorance, is the xbox game pass for pc just xbox games ported to pc, a list of pc games you get for a set fee or some form of emulated xbox games on pc?

Soldato
Wow my games would download about 100mb before just completely stopping, i tried reboots, re-installs, updating network adapter......nothing.

turns out you need to Sync your windows time clock otherwise downloads often wont initialize........pathetic!

Whose clock isn’t internet synchronized? It syncs daily so should never be an issue unless you have a firewall blocking it or disabled internet sync. Either way it’s an easy fix and should help with game unlocks, cheating, etc.

The whole thing is pathetic tbh

Like what? I’ve probably had around £3-400 worth of games so far and played some games like Deliver Us The Moon that I probably wouldn’t have played without game pass. For £1 for 4 months it’s a bargain.

Excuse my ignorance, is the xbox game pass for pc just xbox games ported to pc, a list of pc games you get for a set fee or some form of emulated xbox games on pc?

No it’s PC games. Some have cross play so you can play v Xbox gamers or with Xbox gamers (such as Astroneer). Some are slightly different to other PC games as the folders are locked down so can’t mod or, in some cases, run the separate config programs but that’s minor.

M.

Soldato

It’s a bit like Netflix for games. £1 for the first month and £4/5 thereafter. They are normal PC games. Games include some brand new ones that have just released, e.g. Streets of Rage 4, as well as some older games.

Soldato
Like what? I’ve probably had around £3-400 worth of games so far and played some games like Deliver Us The Moon that I probably wouldn’t have played without game pass. For £1 for 4 months it’s a bargain.

M.

Windows edition games like Metro exodus & FF15 were buggy messes for me. Crashing when trying to change graphics settings in metro, large stutters in FF15 which I've since confirmed doesn't happen in steam version. Also confirmed metro steam version plays perfect. The hidden installation files also irritate me as it's difficult to run monitoring software or set profiles for mouse and keyboard.

Pc gaming for me should be about being able to tweak and change things which the whole games store thing goes against completely. I can't even use Nvidia freestyle. People hate on epic gamestore when the windows store is by far the worst.

Soldato
I have no problem with Epic, Steam, GOG or Microsoft Game Pass. I played Metro Exodus and had no problems with it though I didn't tweak it (other than the usual graphics settings that seemed to crash yours - I'm using nVidia if that helps) nor do I overclock (no need to at the moment - everything runs fine) and didn't have a problem with it.

Not tried FF15. The hidden installation files does annoy me too (Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons doesn't launch the settings so you can't change the resolution) but that's been my most annoyed I've been with it so far. I get really good download rates (@300Mb) once you know that it's basically pulling it from the store launching the store and checking for updates becomes a two second thing (though it will do the same on the Xbox Game Pass App) it's also still in beta (I've done feedback for Brothers in the hope that when the Game Pass comes out of beta they will address the issues).

I don't think it's a bad store considering it's in beta. I've definitely had my monies worth from it even if I don't play another game for the next 12 months. Some of the day one games have also been great (Ori / Streets of Rage / etc.)

M.

Soldato
Has anyone successfully cancelled then renewed this? I cancelled temporarily and trying to renew and I get an error message. May just be a temporary problem.

EDIT - Sounds dumb but it worked from 'settings' within the app but it wouldn't work from the front page of the app, the MS website or the Xbox website.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I'm currently using Xbox gamepass ultimate as I own an Xbox and pc. However I rarely use my Xbox anymore as I prefer the pc gaming experience. It's a shame I can't just buy it from Microsoft just for pc.

Associate
Is anyone else having issues with XGP?

Forza was working well for me at the start of the year and now it crashes to desktop within a few seconds of loading the game world.

I had to fiddle around for a while to get Metro to work, finally managed to do it (again at the beginning of the year) and now it wont load anymore.

I thought the huge number of negative whiny reviews on XGP were just angry nerds, but I might have to join their ranks. I realise its in 'beta' but the two titles I want to play are seemingly broken beyond repair.

Associate
It’s a bit like Netflix for games. £1 for the first month and £4/5 thereafter. They are normal PC games. Games include some brand new ones that have just released, e.g. Streets of Rage 4, as well as some older games.
Pc gamers get a raw deal far more games for XBOX.

Back
Top Bottom