PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Associate
Is anyone else having issues with XGP?

Forza was working well for me at the start of the year and now it crashes to desktop within a few seconds of loading the game world.

I had to fiddle around for a while to get Metro to work, finally managed to do it (again at the beginning of the year) and now it wont load anymore.

I thought the huge number of negative whiny reviews on XGP were just angry nerds, but I might have to join their ranks. I realise its in 'beta' but the two titles I want to play are seemingly broken beyond repair.

Just noticed your post quoted, but that's the exact same issue I have

Soldato
XGP app appears to broken right now but the games you already have installed launch ok via the Universal Applications menu.

Soldato
XGP app appears to broken right now but the games you already have installed launch ok via the Universal Applications menu.

Working fine here - I had an update for the app a couple of days ago so have you tried updating the app?

M.

P.S. No Mans Sky new on there now.

Soldato
Working fine here - I had an update for the app a couple of days ago so have you tried updating the app?

M.

P.S. No Mans Sky new on there now.
Yeah its still broke. I paused Windows updates as that is causing big issues right now seems to affect XGP as well.
https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/...ms-new-issue-in-windows-10-june-2020-updates/
https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/06/15/windows-10-may-2020-update-google-chrome-issue/
https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/...0-update-bug-hits-storage-spaces-defrag-tool/

Associate
Just noticed your post quoted, but that's the exact same issue I have

Hi - It seems I have managed to get Forza working. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and I also deleted Forza and installed it on a different drive in my system.

That seems to have fixed the insta-crash issues I was getting. Bit of time sink having to do all that, especially if you dont have a fast connection, but unfortunately thats the only thing that seems to have worked for me.

EDIT - I should also add I have an Asus board and it comes with Sonic Studio. Having read around, it seems this program has issues with Forza and causes it to crash. I uninstalled that too.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi - It seems I have managed to get Forza working. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and I also deleted Forza and installed it on a different drive in my system.

That seems to have fixed the insta-crash issues I was getting. Bit of time sink having to do all that, especially if you dont have a fast connection, but unfortunately thats the only thing that seems to have worked for me.

EDIT - I should also add I have an Asus board and it comes with Sonic Studio. Having read around, it seems this program has issues with Forza and causes it to crash. I uninstalled that too.

Funnily enough I also have a asus board, I don't use sonic studio but the Windows store keeps on installing and updating it by itself.

Soldato
Hum, I went for the original offer and have it running until Sept 2021. I was wondering if i can extend it further if i buy another year of gold to stack it then buy GXP Ultimate again for 1 pound?

Caporegime
OP
Hum, I went for the original offer and have it running until Sept 2021. I was wondering if i can extend it further if i buy another year of gold to stack it then buy GXP Ultimate again for 1 pound?

If you add 12 months of gold to your existing ultimate offer, it will get converted to 4 months ultimate.

Soldato
Cool, do you know when until this offer is running until?

I imagine they will have functionality convert pass's for a long period of time. Seems based on official RRP's the price equivalents line up roughly equivalently. You can add it on top of your existing subscription perfectly fine though. My subscription was ending in Aug 2020, saw the Xbox game 3 months going for sale and picked up a few and extended that Aug 2020 date out fine.

Personally, I will just keep an eye out for deals now and then and use above table to see if it works out beneficial.

Associate

I got round to re downloading it and got rid of sonic studio

game runs fine now :D

Soldato
I've got one of the 3 month Game Pass codes. If I use that, will I still be able to get the introductory price of £3.99? Or if I use the code will I lose out on the introductory offer?

Back
Top Bottom