PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
You do realise you're on a PC enthusiasts forum in the PC Games section?

All games have the core of pixels moving. All films, at the core, have moving images. It doesn't make them any less preferable to the real event where we may be poor at it in real life. We may not be able to hit a hole in one or score a plethora of goals, or stop an alien invasion or such like.

Besides if you actually looked at Golf With Friends its nothing like real golf it's just a fun game you can play with friends.

M.

I must admit my second alien invasion was tricky, it was at that point I decided to stick with just doing it in games instead...

Soldato
Got excited when I saw they were adding Mount and blade

:mad: but console only

It's been on sale on Steam for as little as £2.24. And the Steam version is actually worth playing.

Joke's on the console players, really; the console port of the game is crap. No expansions, no mods, no console commands, and bugs that have been there since release. Taleworlds basically used the port as a means of generating a quick bit of cash, and then dumped it.

Associate
It's been on sale on Steam for as little as £2.24. And the Steam version is actually worth playing.

Joke's on the console players, really; the console port of the game is crap. No expansions, no mods, no console commands, and bugs that have been there since release. Taleworlds basically used the port as a means of generating a quick bit of cash, and then dumped it.

To be honest I got mixed up and thought it was Bannerlord they added to game pass

Caporegime
OP
Is there a way to get the little xbox achievement notification on pc guys? I'm unlocking cheeves fine, but in game I've no idea when I get them. Don't know if it's a hidden setting somewhere as I've checked all the settings which look correct.

Make sure you have notifications on for the two Xbox apps and that Focus Assist is off. Even then it seems to be hit and miss. I get notifications on one user account but not on another and they appear to have the same settings.

Soldato
Make sure you have notifications on for the two Xbox apps and that Focus Assist is off. Even then it seems to be hit and miss. I get notifications on one user account but not on another and they appear to have the same settings.

Hi thanks. Yes I've got all those settings correct, still don't appear to be getting them.

@ic1male I've just checked, I can only see one xbox app on my system (Xbox Console Companion), I take it the other is another app that you can download?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Hi thanks. Yes I've got all those settings correct, still don't appear to be getting them.

@ic1male I've just checked, I can only see one xbox app on my system (Xbox Console Companion), I take it the other is another app that you can download?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-beta/9mv0b5hzvk9z?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Xbox app which is slowly replacing the Console Companion app. It may be this one that generates achievements now. I just had one pop up on the account that never worked so maybe they keep fixing things as it goes through beta.

Soldato
It isn't because I have it disabled in Windows settings.

It is, I've no idea what's going on with your pc.

Achievement popus were moved from the console companion app to game bar at the end of last year
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/10/22/october-2019-xbox-game-bar-update/#:~:text=New achievement notifications will open Xbox Game Bar,overlay menu at the top of your screen..

Power Up Your Gamerscore with Xbox Achievement Tracking
Achievement hunters: you can now track your Xbox achievements from within Xbox Game Bar using the brand-new Achievements overlay. Beginning today, you can pin your progress towards your next achievement as you play, or pull up the overlay with a quick Win+G to view your game’s achievement list and individual achievement details. New achievement notifications will open Xbox Game Bar instead of the Xbox Console Companion app, so checking out that newly-unlocked achievement will keep you in the game and ready for what’s next without missing a beat. To enable the Achievement overlay in the new update, simply select it from within the overlay menu at the top of your screen.

Maybe you have an old version of the companion app installed, who knows. But if you're up to date then it's the gamebar you should be looking at.

Soldato
If you do not have any game installed on the same hard drive letter as the OS then the Game Pass version has a nasty bug after you restart your PC.

After you download & install the entire game once you then finish playing & reboot or restart or power off your PC it breaks the installation.

When you next try to launch the game it gives an incorrect error message saying " "xxxx-game name-xxxx" can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected. Check the Microsoft Store" it needs to now repair the game & will not let it run otherwise! This means redownloading the entire game again no matter how large it is!

The fix is very easy (until Microsoft get around to repairing this. Its previously been reported to them by the devs behind the Halo MCC on PC apparently as it affected that on a large scale).

1: On Windows 10 go to System-Settings. Now go to Storage.
2: Look at the bottom choices. You want to click the "Change where new content is saved"
3: Top choice within this "Change where new content is saved" screen is
"New apps will save to" so alter that to another drive letter . Now hit Apply.
4: Now all you need to do is revert the drive letter back to the original choice it was on then click Apply again & that is it you have fixed it for now.

This needs to be done every single time you restart or power off the PC. Someday MS will hopefully fix this (its a DRM based issue as the MS Windows Store expects all content to be installed on the same drive as the OS.

Soldato
Definitely haven't come across that problem, @AWPC. I've got the Xbox app to always ask where to save the game when I start downloading. Maybe that's a way around it?
I always had the xbox app as well but some games DRM dislike's non OS drive letters so this is a workaround! It affected loads of PC Halo MCC players having to keep redownloading 100s GB every time they wanted to play after a reboot! They made the Halo devs aware who then passed it onto MS apparently in April but its still broken!!!

Caporegime
OP
I always had the xbox app as well but some games DRM dislike's non OS drive letters so this is a workaround! It affected loads of PC Halo MCC players having to keep redownloading 100s GB every time they wanted to play after a reboot! They made the Halo devs aware who then passed it onto MS apparently in April but its still broken!!!

Oh. Well that sucks. I'd just get it on Steam and save myself the hassle in that case. :p

Soldato
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-beta/9mv0b5hzvk9z?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Xbox app which is slowly replacing the Console Companion app. It may be this one that generates achievements now. I just had one pop up on the account that never worked so maybe they keep fixing things as it goes through beta.

Thank you for the advice

It is, I've no idea what's going on with your pc.

Achievement popus were moved from the console companion app to game bar at the end of last year
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/10/22/october-2019-xbox-game-bar-update/#:~:text=New achievement notifications will open Xbox Game Bar,overlay menu at the top of your screen..

Maybe you have an old version of the companion app installed, who knows. But if you're up to date then it's the gamebar you should be looking at.

Thanks James now working.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom