1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Game Pass for PC

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ic1male, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Omaeka

Sgarrista

That's strange, works fine for me

[​IMG]

Could it be due to drive letters maybe?

2. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

Worked just fine for Metro Exodus, I did however somehow bugger up my hosts bluetooth USB adaptor, however that Broadcom adaptor has been right finicky since I've updated to Windows 10 1803 upwards, so no surprise there, I just used a USB wired xbox 1 controller - worked just fine, so did keyboard and mouse. Game was actually pretty smooth, so there we go, can even stream Windows 10 games over the net. !!

I'm pretty happy with this...

3. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

That is odd, it allows me to select whichever drive I want. I've set one as a default but it will allow me to select one as well.

4. satchef1

Mobster

Seems to have fixed itself now. I installed using the Windows Store, and it worked fine. I then went back in to the Xbox app and now it'll let me install to my second drive. Still gives the same message for my external drive though.

5. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

xbox beta app, I look at the games I own tab, and it says - none

I do own MS store games, so thats broken, it is in beta but its got some work ahead of it. and why can't you press the xbox button and see what achievements left to do etc in the app, its fine, it all works, but its got some work. For the price, well prepared to stick with it, it'll improve I suspect.

6. Bazzards

Hitman

I installed Gears 4 via the windows store, worked fine, although very slow download. Not tried the app as yet.

7. bazman25

Gangster

im having trouble installing the xbox beta app ive just installed the latest update (1809) but when i go to install the app it says "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account" anyone got any ideas what this means?

8. Tombstone

Capodecina

Thats not the latest update, you need update 1903 , which is the May 2019 update. If you dont have that one you get that message about devices, my friend had the same thing last night. He got it because he was trying to do windows update over wifi and for some reason the 1903 update wouldnt come across on the wifi. The moment he plugged in wired instead he was able to get the 1903 update.

9. Drizmod

Wise Guy

Why do they not allow some games to be installed somwhere other than the system drive? Do they not knows some people have an ssd as a boot drive and have games elsewhere on a much bigger drive?

10. ramirez

Mobster

so whats the cheapest way to get the ultimate offer? buy a 12 month xbox gold pass then upgrade it to ultimate?

11. satchef1

Mobster

They do allow it; the app is just buggy. Try the Windows Store instead.

12. bazman25

Gangster

ok thanks just checked for updates but its not coming through ive only just updated to 1809 so maybe it takes a while to come through

13. bazman25

Gangster

sorted this now had use windows update assistant

14. Drizmod

Wise Guy

Still the same for me in Windows Store too. The game i'm trying to install is Everspace

15. theone8181

Mobster

What's the point of the app then, I seem to be able to run them just by downloading stuff from the store.

16. sirp

Gangster

I had the same issues with installing to another drive. I think some updates on top of other updates were needed, I made sure I rebooted and installed all updates. I then reset store settings etc clearing any ca he issues and it eventually let me change drives.

17. divebod

Gangster

Need new gpu and then can investigate this. Could be interesting with old xbox 360 too

18. Omaeka

Sgarrista

You can't play 360 titles on PC, there are quite a few games you can get on the store though.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/top-paid/games/pc < all Win 10 games

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/most-popular/games/pc?IsGamePass=true < Win 10 game pass games

If you were talking about pulling out your old xbox 360 then ignore :p

I would LOVE Windows support through the store/xbox app for 360 games though, even if they are emulated.

19. iv-tecman

Sgarrista

Just a quick thank you, me and gf sat and played crash bandi , street fighter and Forza Horizon 4 in her living room using her Internet to connect to my PC at home, and it worked flawless. Controller worked, even got a DS4 working with it - big thank you for the heads up on that, works better then Steam in home, as it works for all games regardless of store. Very impressed. Thank you.

20. tek81

Wise Guy

Possibly a daft question, because I'm not sure I fully understand this, but....If I get the "ultimate game pass" for £1, does that mean I can get Metro Exodus (for example) and play it for a month at no additional charge?