xbox series x ... abit Meh?

Soldato
More than happy with Series X and things should only get better. It’s a lot of hardware for the money and I think games look and run great. Other than a bit of Civ which I play on MacBook now I’m not interested in PC gaming so series X is perfect for me.

Soldato
Pointless buying one without a 120hz tv really.

Warzone on a Xbox Series X holds 100-120 most the time, vary rarely dips below 100 according to my monitors FPS display.

To be honest the hardware is ahead of the games. A Xbox One X is all we really need right now for 4K60

Is cold war multiplayer 120hz or just warzone?

Soldato
The lack of clear standards for HDR means that a lot of people are left underwhelmed by it when they try it. This also applies to OLED owners who just copy settings from the internet instead of properly calibrating their displays, they’re missing out on a lot that these OLEDs have to offer.

I do agree about the copying of settings, but some oleds are superb out the box and don't need calibrating, LG oled series being one, the CX and presume the C9 have brilliant out the box picture accuracy, but there is still loads of HDR content out there that is underwhelming be it a calibrated or non calibrated sets.

Soldato
Cold War is fully x box optimised so 120hz or ray tracing can be chosen. Runs like glass but MP is crap b

Thanks, been playing it just wasn't sure despite having 120hz enabled:o, I quite enjoy the mp in small stints, in particular the old maps bought back like nuketown and express train one.

Associate
Buying a cheaper older OLED and getting it calibrated will result in a far better image than buying the latest one and bunging some settings from the internet on it.

It’s not unless he has done something very wrong with the OLED setup.

nothing wrong with the set up at all thanks mate, graphically the oled is amazing, but gameplay feels a lot nicer on the g7 monitor, feels a lot snappier and personally I prefer playing on a smaller set up than a 55" thats probably half of why I prefer it.
all down to personal preference at the end of the day though.
im not faulting the oled at all its a brilliant tv and looks great.

Man of Honour
care to elaborate? i thought the thread was a worthy post. not everyone sees in the same light bud.

a) there’s already a thread
b) you seem surprised it’s a bit ‘meh’ yet immediately state: running my series x on a bog standard 4K IPS TV , no HDR or 120hz. No wonder it’s a bit ‘meh’. You’d be surprised what HDR adds, even auto HDR.

Then of course there are no AAA games that fully utilise the hardware...yet. We’ve only seen glimpses of its potential.

To be honest I’m over ‘flashy’ games anyway. Cyberpunk encapsulates this. Give me a quality, story focussed game with some current gen graphics and I’ll be happy. The ‘ultra’ type settings that require the latest flagship card just aren’t worth it. Valhalla was flashy enough for me and The Medium sure had its moments.

Man of Honour
nothing wrong with the set up at all thanks mate, graphically the oled is amazing, but gameplay feels a lot nicer on the g7 monitor, feels a lot snappier and personally I prefer playing on a smaller set up than a 55" thats probably half of why I prefer it.
all down to personal preference at the end of the day though.
im not faulting the oled at all its a brilliant tv and looks great.

They both have less than 1 frame of input lag at 120hz but the G7 has up to 14.4ms G2G response times so I don't see how it can feel any faster unless it's just because the small screen is tricking you or you have a problem with the setup.

Caporegime
So given the option, Samsung QLED or the LG CX seeing as once you're spending over £1000 on a TV a couple of hundred more is neither here nor there.

Soldato
OLEDS aren't actually the best example for HDR despite looking good. Astro looked better on my samsung due to the superior HDR but overall I prefer the oled.

I'm sure most people are happy with whatever they have though. It's only noticable to me having regular use of two fairly decent tvs so I can see the real use differences.

Last edited:
Associate
They both have less than 1 frame of input lag at 120hz but the G7 has up to 14.4ms G2G response times so I don't see how it can feel any faster unless it's just because the small screen is tricking you or you have a problem with the setup.
its probably just because its a smaller screen I admit, I just prefer the feel of it tbh.
like I said the tv is brilliant I just like the feel on a smaller screen

Soldato
After playing a few different titles, I'm not exactly blown away. Image quality while pristine as most of them are native res, isn't all id hoped. Maybe coming from the enthusiast side of the PCs has taken the new gen feeling away or maybe the games I've played.
High end pc's are far superior than consoles, consoles all hype and a poor show with regards to new games, the ps5 design is poor and xbox x/s is a block of nothing special, not enough new interesting games to go with any consoles, a rush job to the market, not a good time to invest in any of the new hardware. Best to stay a generation or two behind the technology, pc hardware prices are ridiculous and a poor show on the game front too. Just got to laugh really. But it's your money and maybe some have the upgrade itch or like playing last gen titles?

Back
Top Bottom