• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Decisions, decisions. I do have a X but spend most of my time playing games on my PC. Next year it’ll be a case of buy a series X or upgrade the Vega 56 in my PC. There’s a 2700 cpu in it so I’ll not be touching that for a while. I enjoy the high frame rates on my 1440p Acer monitor but have the X hooked up to a LG B8 OLED. Graphically on an OLED what the X can output is staggering at times. Then you move and the reality of 30fps kicks in. Expensive year next year it seems. It’s one or the other, I don’t have the time anymore to have multiple gaming devices.

Soldato
I love the design. Still, with the efforts MS are making to release all their exclusives on PC the same day as the Xbox, theres little reason to get the console going forward.

Will see how it goes.

They need to overhaul the user interface, it's a disgrace on the current cycle

Soldato
I like it, the names a bit naff but I'll definitely be replacing the Xbox One X with this, whether that's day one or not I'm not sure, normally like to hang fire and see what the crack is first.

Soldato
To me, the name strongly suggests the multiple SKU rumour is real. It's an odd name, unless there's an Xbox Series S as well.

I think it looks great. But the only way I'm ditching PC for one of these is if they can run Windows and PC (i.e. Steam) games. And I think that's highly unlikely.

Soldato
To me, the name strongly suggests the multiple SKU rumour is real. It's an odd name, unless there's an Xbox Series S as well.

I think it looks great. But the only way I'm ditching PC for one of these is if they can run Windows and PC (i.e. Steam) games. And I think that's highly unlikely.
Indeed, my first thoughts were the same regarding SKUs

Caporegime
OP
Actually, what would cost more?

Get a Xbox One Series X, or the money used on that get a GPU that is much better than that in the Series X when it's released?

It's personal. Do you like the foibles and advantages of PC gaming or do you want a system with no messing about - just plug and play? I'm leaning towards the latter lately especially as the SSD next-gen will equal one of the big plus points of PCs. Plus for me, 4K60 on console is good enough. I don't envisage going higher on PC until 8K TVs are cheap as chips.

Soldato
Love the design and will be buying both consoles.

Just need to decide the sweet spot for offloading the Pro and the X :D I'd do it now for Xmas but still got games I'm playing on both and until its concrete what will be BC and not will hold on.

Caporegime
OP
Another interesting thing mentioned in the GameSpot interview - they are working so that you can pause and resume more than one game. I guess that's the benefit of an SSD, you can dump the memory into a hibernation file in a minute or so.

Soldato
It's personal. Do you like the foibles and advantages of PC gaming or do you want a system with no messing about - just plug and play? I'm leaning towards the latter lately especially as the SSD next-gen will equal one of the big plus points of PCs. Plus for me, 4K60 on console is good enough. I don't envisage going higher on PC until 8K TVs are cheap as chips.

Having had the One X I went straight back to PC, I do prefer PC, but I am also cost orientated. So if I had to spend more on a GPU that was just a bit better than the Series X but costing more it seems a no brainer to go console again

Back
Top Bottom