• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I think both the Series X & PS5 could be another nail in the coffin for PC gaming, top line GPU prices are ridiculous now even the mid range cards are getting expensive.
I have a 55" 4K Samsung TV with HDR10+ & 4K games on the One X look superb on it, it would cost me best part of £2000+ to build a PC with a decent 4K monitor to have games looking this good.

So the Series X at £599 is a day one buy for me.

It is more than a console to build a pc, but not 2000 pounds lol - to match a one x all you need is a cheap quad core cpu and a rx580, 8gb ram. The entire thing would be 500 pounds or less and you plug it into your tv. It will run games at 4k30 just like the one x

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think both the Series X & PS5 could be another nail in the coffin for PC gaming, top line GPU prices are ridiculous now even the mid range cards are getting expensive.
I have a 55" 4K Samsung TV with HDR10+ & 4K games on the One X look superb on it, it would cost me best part of £2000+ to build a PC with a decent 4K monitor to have games looking this good.

So the Series X at £599 is a day one buy for me.

It's a great strategy to offer two models.

I'm willing to pay almost any price just to have the best console possible, but people playing at 1080p, or those with a tight budget will still be able to play the same games for far less money.

It is more than a console to build a pc, but not 2000 pounds lol - to match a one x all you need is a cheap quad core cpu and a rx580, 8gb ram. The entire thing would be 500 pounds or less and you plug it into your tv. It will run games at 4k30 just like the one x

The RX580 has half the power of the rumoured XBox Series X GPU, and that's ignoring that the Series X will have 12-16GB RAM and double the amount of CPU cores.

You have put together literally half of a series X in every way, and claim that it will match the performance, and that's before you factor the efficiencies of coding to the metal and on a fixed platform. You're living in la la land.

Last edited:
Associate
The RX580 has half the power of the rumoured XBox Series X GPU, and that's ignoring that the Series X will have 12-16GB RAM and double the amount of CPU cores.

You have put together literally half of a series X in every way, and claim that it will match the performance, and that's before you factor the efficiencies of coding to the metal and on a fixed platform. You're living in la la land.

The post he was replying to was saying it would cost £2000 for a pc to get the same performance of the One X not the Series X. He was saying the 580 would get the same results for less than stated against than the current generation.

Soldato

you didn't actually read my post lmao :p

Man of Honour
The post he was replying to was saying it would cost £2000 for a pc to get the same performance of the One X not the Series X. He was saying the 580 would get the same results for less than stated against than the current generation.

Ah I misunderstood. Thanks for the correction and my apologies @Grim5

Soldato
12 GCN Tflops = 9 RDNA or something like that. Still on track for 2x the power of Xbox One X which is what MS have stated. Only gaming press are extrapolating this to mean other things.

12 tflops = 12 tflops

tflops =/= gaming performance!

Double the power is a debatable, because if you e.g. include VRS then that's a very low goal to have. Still, this is probably closer to 50CUs than 40 so it's still gonna shake things up. If it's just a 5700XT + RT/VRS that would be kinda disappointing, personally.

Soldato
12 tflops = 12 tflops

tflops =/= gaming performance!

Double the power is a debatable, because if you e.g. include VRS then that's a very low goal to have. Still, this is probably closer to 50CUs than 40 so it's still gonna shake things up. If it's just a 5700XT + RT/VRS that would be kinda disappointing, personally.

I dont see why that would be dissapointing. Your expectations from a $500 box is extraordinary

Back
Top Bottom