1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Xbox Series X - Holiday 2020 ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ic1male, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. bigjonnyauk

Wise Guy

No doubt these new games will be huge

Will we see the return of 2 disc games or one disc and download the rest ? Which is not ideal for those on limited broadband .

Games coming on secure usb sticks ?

Storage will have to be huge ive got a 4tb hard drive full even now some games are coming in at 130 gig

2. bigjonnyauk

Wise Guy

Agreed ,what i dont understand is the dash is quicker and smoother when connected by wifi and not hard wired

3. McBain

Capodecina

Strange, I must give that a try as I'm hard wired at the moment and the lag is horrendous.

4. bigjonnyauk

Wise Guy

Yup try it
    I switched the 5ghz wifi and turned off smooth animations and its much much better

As a test i swapped animations back to normal and it was still quicker than wired

5. FrankJH

Capodecina

Im not convinced by this at all

If anything back compatability is more for those already invested in x box (or PS) and to encourage them to buy the new console

Im not sure many new gamers would spend the ~£500 to play older games (as a minor factor maybe, but not anything significant). Maybe if someone hasn't got God of War or Red Dead II , or releases that are yet to come out but are available before PS5 / Scarlett launch, then fair enough but imo these aren't true back -compat titles which are from Ps3 or further back (completely different chipsets etc etc rather than similar x86 base between Ps4 /PS5 and XB1 /Scarlett).

Its the older gamers who saw / played those games originally that will be interested in this on both brands imo

6. Shawreyboy

Wise Guy

I would guess physical's are going to be an install disc and then a run/drm disc... think RDR2 this gen.

Else, everyone's internet connection is going to need to get a hell of a lot faster if you don't want to have things left on overnight to download. RIP to those stuck on ADSL or poor FTTC with no Virgin Media around.

Shawrey

7. FrankJH

Capodecina

I cant see it being more than 2tb internal from the sheer cost of SSD's currently even with MS / Sony's discount for massive bulk buying.

Even then it sounds like a good % will be reserved for OS / Virtual ram (I suppose they could always do virtual ram as an expandable option, but this might cause issues in the long run).

8. ic1male

Caporegime

It's going to be using Windows Core OS (according to Windows Central) which is a brand new version of Windows coded for modularity and without any legacy guff bogging it down. I'm quite excited to see whether it lives up to expectations.

9. satchef1

Mobster

I'm looking forward to seeing what Microsoft can do with a clean slate and a few years of preparation. The Xbox One was a mess of failed ideas followed by several years of restructuring that caused a drought in exclusive games. But Nadella and his team will have had 6 years to fix the business by the time Project Scarlet launches. So there really aren't any excuses now.

10. rare

Soldato

Agreed regarding the UI.

The UI is one o, if not the ONLY thing I dislike about my Xbox One X.

11. james.miller

Capodecina

The dashboard is absolutely terrible.

12. justbeats

Mobster

But the original Halo was just that, original, and It's been done-to-death now with all the sequels. I was a huge Halo/Xbox fan but the lack of new and original exclusives has pushed me and many others away.

So yes they do need to do better, give us something new like Sony have consistently done because until they do they won't be seeing my cash.

13. Arthur Hucksake

Mobster

Off the top of my noggin, you can add God Of War and Detroit : Become Human to the list. Both cracking games.

14. pioneer2000

Soldato

Both of which aren’t original in any way.

God of war is old hat just like someone might claim Gears or Halo is.

Detroit is pretty much the same game that Heavy Rain / Fahrenheit were, so again nothing new.

I’m waiting for someone to actually name some original western PlayStation exclusives (that are good).

15. BMox81

Hitman

Any chance they do a Scarlett all digital version alongside the regular version?

16. TheVoice

Capodecina

And yet, you did anyway.

I'd imagine it will depend to some degree on how well the ADE One S sells. If there's an appetite for it they may well do it, which could give MS a slight benefit in terms of launch pricing by being able to offer a small discount for foregoing an optical drive (although it's more likely they'd just bundle in a Games Pass subscription or something instead).

17. satchef1

Mobster

Horizon: Zero Dawn is probably the pick of the PS4's releases TBH, unless you're in to Souls-like games or JRPGs.

I do agree to an extent. The PS4 only looks amazing because the Xbox One was pretty bad. And Microsoft's problems were because they made the bad decision to play for the "casual gaming" Wii market. They wound up cancelling loads of titles, shuttering loads of studios, and pretty much had to start again mid-gen. Then they had problems with other experimental projects; the Quantum Break TV tie-in, the Crackdown cloud stuff, Hololens. Compared to the PS3 or 360, the PS4 has merely been okay. I've only bought a few exclusives; Horizon, Spider Man, Infamous, God of War. I've still got to buy Detroit, and make time to play through Uncharted from the start. But I can't say there's much more that has caught my eye.

I do look forward to seeing what the next Xbox brings. Hopefully the last few years of restructuring at Xbox Game Studios pays off, and Sony have to put a bit more effort in (i.e. fewer remasters, a larger number of new franchises).

18. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

The only exceptional exclusives I would say are the Naughty Dog games, Uncharted and TLOU, oh and Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 all the others I could take them or leave them. I'm actually not that bothered about exclusives as as I once was due to many being hyped up and turning into a huge disappointment.

19. ThestigGT999

Sgarrista

20. james.miller

Capodecina