Xbox Series X questions.

Associate
Hi. I've bought my kid a series x for his bday. And have a few questions that I probably should have thought about before I bought it.
I'd appreciate if anyone could help. I'm a bit out of touch with console..

1. Do the games labeled "optimised for series x" or "series x" work on older xbox's.. as we have a few scattered around the house. We have a Xbox X and 2 older ones. Is the answer the same for digital and disk.

2, We always usually buy games on disk, and share it around , play it in different rooms. FiFA 23 for example, Which version should I buy. If we want to share it, should I get series X or Xbox one or will I need to buy both versions.

3, if I have to buy the normal Xbox version what will I be missing playing it on the series x compared to the optimised version.

4, if I'm having to buy normal versions of games, should I of saved £200 and bought the series S. The only other reason I chose X was because he has lots of games on disk.

5, and finally.. all his mates play on Xbox X/S or older xbox's , if my kids the only one on a series x will he still be able to play online with them like normal. It's usually FIFA, bit I'm guessing the answer will be the same for any game.

Thanks .

Associate
1. Do the games labeled "optimised for series x" or "series x" work on older xbox's.. as we have a few scattered around the house. We have a Xbox X and 2 older ones. Is the answer the same for digital and disk.

A. Usually, some games like Flight Simulator or The Medium for example are only on Series X/S so you'll have to do your research beforehand. The games that only work on the Series consoles will be crossed out on the store so you can't get them anyway for the One X/S. More native Series X/S games will appear as we move away from last gen.

2, We always usually buy games on disk, and share it around , play it in different rooms. FiFA 23 for example, Which version should I buy. If we want to share it, should I get series X or Xbox one or will I need to buy both versions.

A. Quick look on Game suggest you may need both versions.

3, if I have to buy the normal Xbox version what will I be missing playing it on the series x compared to the optimised version.

A. 4K Native or checkerboard rendering, better visual fidelity, better framerates however if you typically get a Xbox One game for Series X, it may already let you download the Series X version anyway as with most games with Series X/S Updates.

4, if I'm having to buy normal versions of games, should I of saved £200 and bought the series S. The only other reason I chose X was because he has lots of games on disk.

A. Up to you, The Series S is often seen as an entry level gamepass machine but it's a stout piece of kit due to having a better CPU and SSD. Only thing missing is the disc drive.

5, and finally.. all his mates play on Xbox X/S or older xbox's , if my kids the only one on a series x will he still be able to play online with them like normal. It's usually FIFA, bit I'm guessing the answer will be the same for any game.

A. Should be able to play with anyone regardless of Xbox platform. The only exception is with titles that have been built to have bigger multiplayer maps such as BF2042. The current gen version of that game has 128 player maps for Series X/S/ PS5 and PC only while the last gen machines were relegated to 64 players matches and because of that, only players of current gen hardware could play with one another. I don't think it'll be the same here but as said before, do your research just in case as FIFA isn't something I'm familiar with.

Associate
OP

A. Usually, some games like Flight Simulator or The Medium for example are only on Series X/S so you'll have to do your research beforehand. The games that only work on the Series consoles will be crossed out on the store so you can't get them anyway for the One X/S. More native Series X/S games will appear as we move away from last gen.

A. Quick look on Game suggest you may need both versions.

A. 4K Native or checkerboard rendering, better visual fidelity, better framerates however if you typically get a Xbox One game for Series X, it may already let you download the Series X version anyway as with most games with Series X/S Updates.

A. Up to you, The Series S is often seen as an entry level gamepass machine but it's a stout piece of kit due to having a better CPU and SSD. Only thing missing is the disc drive.

A. Should be able to play with anyone regardless of Xbox platform. The only exception is with titles that have been built to have bigger multiplayer maps such as BF2042. The current gen version of that game has 128 player maps for Series X/S/ PS5 and PC only while the last gen machines were relegated to 64 players matches and because of that, only players of current gen hardware could play with one another. I don't think it'll be the same here but as said before, do your research just in case as FIFA isn't something I'm familiar with.
Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom