Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can anyone confirm something for me.

Xbox series x $499. So converting this to £s would be approximately £389.

Are we really going to see this console around £400 Or will they do a dirty and have it at £499??

cheers

£389 + 20% = £466.80

We're getting both Xbox consoles for less than the US, once tax is factored in.

Series S looks better in the flesh than I expected. Still think the black circle was an odd choice. But I don't hate it.

Soldato
£389 + 20% = £466.80

We're getting both Xbox consoles for less than the US, once tax is factored in.

Series S looks better in the flesh than I expected. Still think the black circle was an odd choice. But I don't hate it.
Same, it really is tiny also. I'm definitely going for the S im positive on that now. I don't need 4k gaming atm.

Associate
Does anybody know the process of pre-ordering with the All Access thingy?

I'm assuming that you will have to clear a credit check and stuff?

Caporegime
OP
Does anybody know the process of pre-ordering with the All Access thingy?

I'm assuming that you will have to clear a credit check and stuff?

That's a good question.

Did anyone here use it previously to buy the Xbox One S or Xbox One X? Or used Klarna with any other retailer? Would be interested to know what things they want to know when you apply. Income? Employment? That sort of thing or just a check with credit agencies?

Associate
That's a good question.

Did anyone here use it previously to buy the Xbox One S or Xbox One X? Or used Klarna with any other retailer? Would be interested to know what things they want to know when you apply. Income? Employment? That sort of thing or just a check with credit agencies?

The All Access is exclusively through Game and Smyths Toys in the UK. If you wanna go down that route you'll have to go through them.

As for Klarna? I've used them plenty over the years as its 0% interest (If you pay it off in the agreed time frame).

Caporegime
That's a good question.

They don't ask for employment normally, it will just be a standard credit score check.

Soldato
If I was to buy an all access series x and a standalone series s.

Would they both beable to use the one game pass at the same time?

At the moment you are supposed to be able to set one console as your home xbox which any profile can enjoy the benefits of gamepass and then use your profile on a different console.

I say supposed as I cant get it to work but others have. Might change on the new consoles I guess but I wouldn't pay for 2 subs.

Caporegime
One thing that’s confusing me a bit is that the project x cloud part which sounds great.
I’m assuming that it’s only Android only and won’t be available on the iPhones??

Pretty sure I read something that Apple won’t allow it or something??

Soldato
One thing that’s confusing me a bit is that the project x cloud part which sounds great.
I’m assuming that it’s only Android only and won’t be available on the iPhones??

Pretty sure I read something that Apple won’t allow it or something??

It's Android only for now. It'll come to Windows PCs at some point (probably next year when they upgrade the servers to next-gen hardware). No doubt it'll hit some other devices over time too.

You're right about Apple. They won't allow xCloud on the store. So you're out of luck there.

Caporegime
It's Android only for now. It'll come to Windows PCs at some point (probably next year when they upgrade the servers to next-gen hardware). No doubt it'll hit some other devices over time too.

You're right about Apple. They won't allow xCloud on the store. So you're out of luck there.
Which is rather weird because in a way xcloud is like streaming games ie Netflix, Disney +. From what I have been reading Apple have denied xcloud due to them not being able to vet every game but they don’t vet every movie on Netflix app do they lol.
Only reason they are denying it is because they want everyone on iOS to use their own arcade streaming services.

Might be the very first time in a long time that I finally ditch iPhone and go to android. As much as I’m loathed to do it as all my family and pretty much most of my friends are on iPhones. But I like the concept of the xcloud service.

Associate
Regarding the Series S - I'm starting to wonder a few things...

Are we going to see every "next gen" game be defined by the fact that it has got to run on the Series S? Well I suppose the answer to that is yes.
But what I really mean is, are we going to see every game using the S as a baseline, and then for the X and PS5 they just get a resolution bump to 4k/60fps?

If that is indeed the case then I can't imagine games will look significantly better then this current gen, or am I just being a bit of a pessimist?

Because honestly I'd just prefer better visuals and 1440p. I can barely tell the difference between 4k and 1440p on my 55inch tele. The difference is there sure, but it's not mind blowing.

Back
Top Bottom