• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thanks @McPhee for confirming I wasn't imagining I'd seen these things!

@Witcher1980 Id love to play ME but I'm going to wait for the remaster next year.

Is there a way to filter specifically enhanced games from the gamepass list? I couldn't see a way to bring up a filter. I know you can ok the store as per what CaptainRAVE said.

Caporegime
Soldato
Is there a way to filter specifically enhanced games from the gamepass list? I couldn't see a way to bring up a filter. I know you can ok the store as per what CaptainRAVE said.

You can on the Game Pass app. It's under "Filters". It might be in the same place on the console too, but I haven't looked. Once you're set up, you can remote install from the app anyway, which is often easier.

Soldato
You can on the Game Pass app. It's under "Filters". It might be in the same place on the console too, but I haven't looked. Once you're set up, you can remote install from the app anyway, which is often easier.

This is top quality advice for an xbox newbie thanks.

Thanks @Janesy B.

Must say I'm surprised fallout 3 and oblivion aren't up on gamepass yet.

Soldato
It won't increase the frame rate. So if a game is locked at 30fps on the Xbox One then it will still only be 30fps on the Series X/S. Unless the developers have specifically patched the game to run higher.

This is not correct I'm afraid. Games that are locked at 30fps by the developer (there aren't many, Just Cause 3 is one that Digital Foundry highlighted) will not break that cap and would need a patch from the dev to remove the cap. Most gamers are dynamic and so with the power of the Series X and S GPU capably run at a constant 60fps without drops.

I believe Sekiro is one that goes up to 60fps and Digital Foundry said it was awesome.

In the case of Just Cause, DF highlighted that one the One X the fps would dip below 30fps when in big fights, but on the Series X the fps is solidly 30fps.

Man of Honour
I'm really curious in what way. I may pick one up, although I worry about all the reports of them breaking. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I’ll post a full response when I’m not on my phone but the stick shafts and dpad being metal, and the textures of the grips and stick heads make it much nicer to use.

The built in battery, charging dock/case combo, heavier weight, paddles, and the taller right stick option all combine to make a far better experience when gaming.

Yes there are lots of reports of issues but my launch day Elite 1 is still perfect other than slightly worn stick heads, which take half a second to replace.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Have to say, I'm not happy with whoever is enforcing that some of these X|S enhanced games have to be installed on the internal fast SSD when they clearly don't need to be. For example, Tetris Effect (great game BTW), forces you to install to the internal SSD, if you try to put it anywhere else it pops up with a big message saying there's no way it'll work on an external drive because of the updates and simply has to have the super fast high speed internal drive to function... bobbins. Seems to work perfectly fine on the One X from the internal mechanical drive :rolleyes:

Going to be annoyed if every game that gets a resolution bump or fps patch suddenly requires internal SSD to function now!

Sea of Thieves have done it right, the games been made X|S enhanced by having the FPS doubled and a few other graphics tweaks but still works fine from the external USB SSD and doesn't require being on the internal drive.

Associate
Has anyone still got Orange Box for the 360? I wonder what Half Life 2 is like in 4k (XB1X enhanced) with the new auto HDR.

Just picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider definitive edition for £12.50, that looked pretty good in the DF videos. I haven't played a Tomb Raider game since I had a PS1.

I've filled the ssd now, I had to just keep the multiplayer packs for modern warfare, to save on 50+gb.. I've left a load of games I rarely play on an unplugged USB drive.

I think I'll be buying the expansion the next time £5 reward gift cards are 5000 points, that will get me £80 off.
HL2 was the first time I came across HDR (albeit on the PC and on a monitor that really didn't have the dynamic range to do it justice), so I would be interested to hear about this too.

Soldato
I wonder if they will release a Series X update/patch to allow 60fps. I would have thought the Series X should be more than capable of that, considering the specs of it.

Rockstar are all about the money so they're talking about a remastered version. So we'd likely have to pay for the upgrade.

Caporegime
OP
Have to say, I'm not happy with whoever is enforcing that some of these X|S enhanced games have to be installed on the internal fast SSD when they clearly don't need to be.

It would create a complete mess of confusion if they allowed some "optimized" games to run from external storage and not others. So they adopted a blanket approach that anything with the X|S logo has to be on the SSD. I think it's fair enough.

Soldato
One thing that is really naff, I redeemed a free car on FH. It gave me a code that I then had to go to a website to type in to redeem. Why it can't auto redeem when you accept the perk from the console I dont know.

Soldato
Now the wait begins to see what this console is really like when we get a game built from the ground up designed to take advantage of the hardware.

Not really getting the "Wow" factor when I have an high end PC sitting next to it.

Still fast GUI = Good!

Caporegime
Now the wait begins to see what this console is really like when we get a game built from the ground up designed to take advantage of the hardware.

Not really getting the "Wow" factor when I have an high end PC sitting next to it.

Still fast GUI = Good!

This is why I'm holding out as after the novelty of new and shiny wears off I'll be left with that feeling of "right, where's the genuinely next gen stuff".

Back
Top Bottom