• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
This thing is such a piece of ****. Setting 4K/120 to my 48CX results in "no signal" and I have to kick it down to 4K/60 Hz, every single game disc I put in requires a 60+ GB download, Assassins Creed Valhalla after spending all night downloading even though I bought a disc, is permanently stuck on "Checking for add-ons" on the loading screen. 12+ hours and I haven't been able to play a single game. I also queue up other games to download and the downloads just stop.

It's like they don't even test **** anymore. Hopefully my PS5 coming in is better than this garbage.

Tbh the PS5 will likely have similar issues. Long download times etc is annoying but expected. Does the TV support 120fps? Maybe try another HDMI port?

Soldato
This thing is such a piece of ****. Setting 4K/120 to my 48CX results in "no signal" and I have to kick it down to 4K/60 Hz, every single game disc I put in requires a 60+ GB download, Assassins Creed Valhalla after spending all night downloading even though I bought a disc, is permanently stuck on "Checking for add-ons" on the loading screen. 12+ hours and I haven't been able to play a single game. I also queue up other games to download and the downloads just stop.

It's like they don't even test **** anymore. Hopefully my PS5 coming in is better than this garbage.

No problem with 4K 120Hz for me on C9 have you used the included hdmi cable ?

Tbh big downloads is a bit of an obvious one although Assassins Creed with less than 1GB on the disc is a bit of a **** take...

Soldato

Good luck with that. With more PS5’s being sold in all likelihood and Sony’s server capacity being worse than Microsoft’s, I’d wager download will be similarly borked if not worse.

The size of game patches is somewhat irrelevant also, that’ll be the same between consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that your 48" TV can only manage 4k/120 with chroma subsampling at 4:2:0, so you may have to adjust your settings accordingly (not sure if you can, but I suspect you've set it at 4:4:4).

Unfortunately, I think all the consoles have similar issues with huge downloads required - it's blooming frustrating, and was always going to be the case when they first let developers do that. Effectively, I think developers release games early or unfinished to hit release deadlines in the knowledge that they can always release a patch later. I'd be surprised if the PS5 didn't have similar issues, and is a huge bugbear of these consoles being "online".

Soldato
People having problems with 120hz make sure you update your TV to the latest firmware from the LG website. Mine has the same issue and when I googled it yesterday its apparently been fixed in the latest firmware. I'm going to try it myself after work.

Permabanned
People having problems with 120hz make sure you update your TV to the latest firmware from the LG website. Mine has the same issue and when I googled it yesterday its apparently been fixed in the latest firmware. I'm going to try it myself after work.

I updated my tc last week (LG CX) and I'm playing 4k 120 out the box. No issues here

Soldato

I'll buy it off you?

Soldato
Girlfriend naturally won't allow me to open my christmas present until christmas. But how is everyone finding it? Has anyone played any upgraded games? Does it make a difference visually series X vs the One X?

Caporegime
Girlfriend naturally won't allow me to open my christmas present until christmas. But how is everyone finding it? Has anyone played any upgraded games? Does it make a difference visually series X vs the One X?

I played MW19 and Warzone and the upgrade is night and day compared to a One X IMHO

Back
Top Bottom