• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
For years I've read this forum and the mantra has always been gameplay. When a better console from another maker comes out, gameplay. Now you're all drooling over a **** poor gears of war game (single player) and visuals. So all you have taught me has been a lie :( It's like you learnt nothing from being the beta tester on the last 2 poor xbox launches! Spending £500 and then £200 for extra HDD space to play old games! Madness. FOMO at is best, it's like when HP had that useless tablet they discontinued and 1000's on here were trying to find stock rather than that missed out feeling ;)

Looks a great bit of hardware, if you play Gears versus then the 120FPS is an advantage but to play a poor single player game, is it really worth it to be a early adopter? Even load times in MP doesn't help if the rest of the lobby is on a Xbone. I was hoping they would bring out an elite 3 to go with it, rather than the complete lottery of the version 2.

Can't wait to see the actual games that come out optimised for this console.

It is shocking in itself that there are not launch titles what so ever. Why the hell did Microsoft spend hundreds of millions on Rare all those years ago :p

Soldato

:D

That's why I buy the X myself, then she can buy me gift vouchers, accessories and games :p

Ha :) I totally would if the Xbox was my primary gaming machine. In the meanwhile I'll just enjoy the 5950x rtx 3080 PC I put together this weekend :)

I'm so difficult to buy gifts for, I generally just buy everything I want, whenever I want, so this is what I went for this time! Genuinely could not think of anything else.

Associate
Anyone get the assassins creed Valhalla, I’m confused there’s a steelbook and what looks like a normal game in the envelope also also?

still waiting for the console from amazon however.

Associate
It is shocking in itself that there are not launch titles what so ever. Why the hell did Microsoft spend hundreds of millions on Rare all those years ago :p
There are launch titles, it's just that they're not exclusives......Sony have somehow got it in peoples minds that exclusives are a good thing for anyone other than Sony!

Man of Honour
Venom twin charging dock just arrived. Not a bad bit of kit for the money to be honest.

It was a great price point. I nearly bought it.

Anyone get the assassins creed Valhalla, I’m confused there’s a steelbook and what looks like a normal game in the envelope also also?

Im just pleased to hear people are getting them. Did it arrive today? I’ve not had tracking or heard from Ubisoft :(

Soldato
Girlfriend naturally won't allow me to open my christmas present until christmas. But how is everyone finding it? Has anyone played any upgraded games? Does it make a difference visually series X vs the One X?

Everything is snappy and responsive. Had a quick play of R6 Siege which is a 4K/120 title and that was buttery smooth and incredibly quick in the menu. On my One X, the menu was incredibly slow and there were often times you could see the frame rates drop. Big upgrade there. :)

There are launch titles, it's just that they're not exclusives......Sony have somehow got it in peoples minds that exclusives are a good thing for anyone other than Sony!

I personally don't understand the hype behind their exclusives. Most appear to appeal to those under the age of 12 and those that don't I find a repetitive chore to play. GT has fallen way behind Forza and TLoU 2 wasn't as good as 1 neither. Which is a shame, as the OG Playstation and PS2 are IMO the best two consoles ever.

Associate
I personally don't understand the hype behind their exclusives. Most appear to appeal to those under the age of 12 and those that don't I find a repetitive chore to play. GT has fallen way behind Forza and TLoU 2 wasn't as good as 1 neither. Which is a shame, as the OG Playstation and PS2 are IMO the best two consoles ever.
Oh, I have to say I have enjoyed many of the Sony exclusives over the years, and they do have some great games in there.......it's just really negative isolationist to buy developers purely to exclude other platforms, and I find it weird that after a decade of buying up development houses that they now squeal about MS doing the same.........oh, and I still haven't forgiven them for Tomb Raider 2 not coming out on the Sega Saturn! :D

HeX

HeX

Soldato

hsyvPM6

Where'd you get that cabinet from, after something just like it :D

Soldato
Amazon finally just delivered my son's - He'll be happy when he gets home from school.

Crazy to think he's bought his own Xbox X and his own 42" 4k tv in the last year from money he's got for birthdays/xmas/extra work around the house/clearing neighbours driveway of leaves/washing cars etc - not bad for 13 years old!

Associate
Random request, but if anyone doesn't need the HDMI 2.1 cable that comes with the Series X can you drop me a message?

Willing to pay of course.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom