1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** Xbox Series X|S - General Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ic1male, 9 Jun 2019.

Tags:
?

Which will you buy?

1. Series X

471 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. Series S

91 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Not interested

217 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. Both

19 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. SAM81

Wise Guy

Picked up a series s for the lads Xmas. With regards to storage expansion options, do you know if it's possible to store and run series x/s games of an external drive? Or is it just xbox one games? Can anyone recommend a external drive?

Last edited: 26 Oct 2021
  2. BlizzardX

Mobster

Sony 55" X9500G TV ARC to Yamaha RX481. Xbox is directly connected to this TV. I use a Steel Series Arctis 7x as the headset.

3. HomeTownHobo

Associate

How do you do this?

4. sgavan

Wise Guy

Under settings and preferences, there's a night more option

5. HomeTownHobo

Associate

Weird. I don't have that on Xbox one x

I'm using the new controller as well, you would think they woukd just let you turn the lights off

6. steve5424

Mobster

It's series consoles only.

7. McBain

Capodecina

You can store them but you won't get any of the next gen funkiness, if they run at all. You'd be better keeping the external drive for non optimised games and keep all next gen on the internal drive.

8. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I use a 1TB USB SSD for XBO and supported XSX games. XSX games using an older version of the SDK can still be installed on an external SSD with no loss of features or any noticeable difference in loading times.

Set your external SSD as the default drive and any games that must run from the internal drive will tell you when they install and then install on the internal drive.

9. Arcane

Mobster

This is a great idea, stops the late night panic to reach for the remote. There's something odd going on between my LG OLED, Xbox and Denon sound bar, when i connect my headphones and then turn the sound bar off, the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds (handshaking I guess) and sometimes the dashboard sets itself to 640x480, I have to restart the xbox to reset it.

10. Diagro

Sgarrista

Just picked up a Series X at my local game shop. (NOT GAME).
    £590 with an extra controller and rechargeable battery packs.

about £75 more than RRP I think, but I cant grumble as you physically cannot buy them at RRP.

Got 12 Months Unlimited pass from my new BT 900Mbps fibre I just had installed.

Can anyone advise what a good wireless headset may be?

11. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Leading up to Christmas is probably the worst time to get any consoles, especially this year. Back in the summer it was quite easy, I see it pop up online quite often. I got mine from John Lewis walking in on a Saturday afternoon. My friends are also looking for one for their son’s for Christmas and I’m keeping a lookout online but not noticed any for a month.

as for headsets, the official Xbox one is okay, my only complaint is that the headband is too small for my head. I could do with it 1 notch when extended.

12. Diagro

Sgarrista

The shop I used has one left at £550.

So if they are after one, it might be a good place to get one?

13. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Anyone else considering the FH premium pack?

14. hyperseven

Sgarrista

I've bought it as have nearly 3 years of GPU. If you are considering buying there is a link to get it for less than £24 on the FH5 thread :)

15. The_Arbiter

Wise Guy

Dunno if it's been mentioned, so apologies if has, but the Series X is in stock at Argos at £450 right now

16. BlizzardX

Mobster

I've got both the Steel Series Arctis 7x and the Turtle Beach Stealth 700X Gen 2.

I use the Steel Series mainly as its cross compatible, e.g. uses a little dongle that can switch between Xbox and USB modes so can be used across a multitude of devices... The 700X is well and truely integrated with the Xbox ecosystem however, so if you're not planning on moving it from device to device then I'd probably say the Stealth 700X Gen 2.

17. Goodie

Mobster

I’ve bought it today, for the amount of time and enjoyment I got from FH4 it seemed a no brainer. Plus I exchanged £20 worth of microsoft points so it only cost £15

18. Noxia

Sgarrista

No because I know I'll be bored of the game well before that stuff comes out. Plenty of content for me with the GP offering.

19. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Thanks, I’ve picked it up, I suspect I’ll play a fair bit of FH5.

20. Relentless81

Capodecina

Anyone received a one week of GPU code, if I add it will it just add a week to my existing total?