• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Sweet, though I assume you cannot both play at once?

Not sure if you can play the same game but you can both use gamepass games / gold at the same time.

You just set the other xbox as your home console so all accounts get the benefits of ultimate (so they use their account) and then you just use your account on your xbox. Both can be online at the same time but I can't use the xbox app on my pc at the same time as my xbox.

I don't tend to game much these days so a Series S and very cheap gamepass prepaid for the next 3 years will do me fine. I guess Microsoft might change something on the new consoles but its still cheap even without splitting it.

Associate
Missed the pre orders window as had to take my dad for a hospital appointment this morning, all gone now, will have to try every now and again to see if any further stock becomes available. failing that will just wait until the rush dies down a bit until after Christmas.
I can see all the Series x has gone, still Series S available, but would prefer the X as an outright purchase - they still have the finance offer versions available, dont need that as have GP already though- so its a waiting game for now

Caporegime
Missed the pre orders window as had to take my dad for a hospital appointment this morning, all gone now, will have to try every now and again to see if any further stock becomes available. failing that will just wait until the rush dies down a bit until after Christmas.
I can see all the Series x has gone, still Series S available, but would prefer the X as an outright purchase - they still have the finance offer versions available, dont need that as have GP already though- so its a waiting game for now
ao.com keeps getting stock here and there.

Soldato

I'm hoping to catch JL if they offer a pre-order.

Got through to payment on the MS website but it wouldn't let me pay.

Caporegime
Do we reckon there will be third party expansion drives/adapters eventually?

Lets face it, it will be a cheap seagate 1tb NVME drive which in a couple of years will likely be ~£50.

Soldato
Seems fairly reasonable considering a 1TB Nvme drive is about £100

£80+ for SATA
£100+ for PCIe Gen3
£150+ for PCIe Gen4

The Xbox drive is a Gen4 drive. So there isn't really any mark-up.

The real hilarity will come with the "PS5 Certified" drives, which are faster than anything currently on the market. Anyone want to take a stab at pricing for 1TB? £250? £300?

Caporegime
£80+ for SATA
£100+ for PCIe Gen3
£150+ for PCIe Gen4

The Xbox drive is a Gen4 drive. So there isn't really any mark-up.

The real hilarity will come with the "PS5 Certified" drives, which are faster than anything currently on the market. Anyone want to take a stab at pricing for 1TB? £250? £300?

is it? i thought only the PS5 was a PICE 4.0 drive (as people have been saying it is faster)?

Soldato
The series 2 only came out this year, series 3 won't be for some time.

Ah shame, i thought they might make it for the new console launch as the controller now has a new button. I'll keep an eye out for a discounted series 2, my old series 1 wont work on the new console from what i've read.

Soldato
How does this all access thing work? Ive got gamepass for pc. Is all access the same as gamepass ultimate? If i sign up for ultimate do i have all access? I wouldnt mind trading in my Xbox one X too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well the all access finance option was a complete failure on both game and Smyths websites lol.

I have a feeling that it was never going to be an option with pre ordering. Whatever stock they had or didn’t have was reserved for outright purchases. Probably a week or 2 then the finance option will be available.

But honestly what a joke.

Associate
Well the all access finance option was a complete failure on both game and Smyths websites lol.

I have a feeling that it was never going to be an option with pre ordering. Whatever stock they had or didn’t have was reserved for outright purchases. Probably a week or 2 then the finance option will be available.

Yeah, very disappointing. I don't know what happened though seen as both of their sites are still down. Very strange....

Associate

Not true - my brother in law ordered his Series X fine through GAME this morning using the All Access option. Smyths have just had a massive L day.

Associate
Order went through on MS site at 8:07 am, in work, in the toilet on my phone.

Has a few errors before it added it to my basket.

Has £55 of reward points, £20 off £200 from eBay gift cards plus £4-5 saving off £50 gift cards. Took about £110 off the price in total. Hard to know the actual amount as I have been biding my time over the months waiting for gift cards to hit the 8-10% discount rate.

Back
Top Bottom