Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
At least there’s one thing we can take from all this - Xbox isn’t going away anytime soon. Digital librarians can sleep easy for at least another decade.

It’s Xbox’s 20th birthday next year. You just know there’s going to be a limited edition of the Series X in November 2021. Also coincides with Halo Infinite launch, probably.

Soldato
Seems to be a rumour that the next acquisition will be Sega :eek:

Rumours surrounding Sega have been doing the rounds for months. Microsoft are going to buy them. Or the Series X is going to release under the Sega brand in Japan. Or all Sega games will come to Game Pass on Day 1 going forward.

I can't see it myself. Sega don't seem to bring much to the table. And the idea that buying them would have a major effect on the success of Xbox in Japan seems a stretch.

Given Microsoft were also rumoured to be buying Bloober Team, Techland, Warner Interactive, and plenty of others, and given the Bethesda news took everyone by surprise, I'd say it's reasonable to consider the rumours nonsense.

Last edited:
Associate
It’s not. Sega is a publicly traded company so it can’t be bought out it’s secret like that.

Whoever is spreading that rumour is smoking something.
If there's a single majority shareholder then it can. They don't need to publicise until an offer is virtually on the table.

Would love an updated Outrun and Daytona and Bass Fishing and Sega Rally and Virtua Fighter and about 50 other games that I grew up with! :D
Coincidentally, don't SEGA hold a licence for at least one Spiderman game?

Caporegime
Smyth's have all access back in, randomly tried this morning and it let me get the series s

That's me set PC for when I want all the fancy stuff on, PS5 for there exclusive etc and Series S for when I wanna play Forza in lounge etc

So what should I do with the game pass I sub to now? It's just PC version only, am I right in assuming I can cancel it now and just activate the full 24 months on the all access which will grant pc,Xbox itself, pc, phone in one go.

First time using all access, just wondered if it will be as simple as putting in activation codes or will I need to convert anything over?
When I checked this morning it was offering both series x and s but the series x you couldn’t finish because no stock. Series S stock is available though, shame as I’m not interested in the series S.

I’ll just have to keep trying daily and see when if any stock comes in and put an order for via the all access pass.

Soldato
Sticking a whole back catalogue of Sega games onto GamePass would be epic! You've seen how many emulators there are out there.

Plus, if they get the Creative Assembly stuff onto Xbox, that would be a win-win.

Soldato
When I checked this morning it was offering both series x and s but the series x you couldn’t finish because no stock. Series S stock is available though, shame as I’m not interested in the series S.

I’ll just have to keep trying daily and see when if any stock comes in and put an order for via the all access pass.

Id opt for the Series X if I had no PC/PS5, Series S to me is the perfect game pass box, least thats the way am looking at it.

Caporegime
Id opt for the Series X if I had no PC/PS5, Series S to me is the perfect game pass box, least thats the way am looking at it.
I see, seeing as I’m not interested in the PS5 and I don’t have a pc, for me it’s the series x. Plus most of my games are on disc so the series x makes sense for me plus the blu ray drive as well.
Just grating that at the moment there is absolutely no series x available to buy. But then the consoles aren’t out till Nov so I’m in no rush although I’d just rather put an order in so at least I’m guaranteed one come release day.
As I said I’m leaning towards the all access monthly option but if I do find one then I might just pay outright for it and get the 3 yrs of GPU because according to my calculations, buying it out right then 3 yrs of GPU works out cheaper than the 24mths finance. Unless I’m missing something lol.
Finance it works out to £680 odd over 24mths whereas buying it comes out to about £600.

Man of Honour
I just need the Turtle Beach Stealth 700s to come back in stock now - or just an ETA would be great. I'm not in the biggest rush, surely there'll be some by the time the actual X ships.

Man of Honour
I just need the Turtle Beach Stealth 700s to come back in stock now - or just an ETA would be great. I'm not in the biggest rush, surely there'll be some by the time the actual X ships.

Absolute result. Went onto the Turtle Beach website - out of stock. Tried again and now in stock. As a new member I also get 10% off saving me £13 off the Amazon price :)

Back
Top Bottom