• Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters

HeX

HeX

Soldato
It would create a complete mess of confusion if they allowed some "optimized" games to run from external storage and not others. So they adopted a blanket approach that anything with the X|S logo has to be on the SSD. I think it's fair enough.

But that's the thing they haven't, SoT works fine from the external SSD and it's X|S optimised. Also a bit daft if it's just a res/fps bump as other than faster load time the internal drive gives no additional benefit. I can understand if they'd slapped on tons of new massive assets that needed to be streamed through.

Soldato
Anybody else's downloads capping around 20mbps?

Was going much better before (70-80mbps) and thought all my updates would be downloaded early this morning, but still got ages to go

Now I'll be lucky for them to finish today

As Kreeee said earlier, exit all games and the download speed will max out. Mine went from 35 to 80 odd.

Soldato
Now the wait begins to see what this console is really like when we get a game built from the ground up designed to take advantage of the hardware.

Not really getting the "Wow" factor when I have an high end PC sitting next to it.

Still fast GUI = Good!
Yeah the XSX is kinda like a GPU or phone upgrade atm, same base experience, just faster.

Still shocked there is no first party exclusive ready for launch.

Man of Honour
Now that the app works I tried installing a game from work to the console. Neat :). I want to see what the X enhanced Ori looks like.

Now the wait begins to see what this console is really like when we get a game built from the ground up designed to take advantage of the hardware.

Not really getting the "Wow" factor when I have an high end PC sitting next to it.

Still fast GUI = Good!

Yes, we need those next gen titles. Although I have a high end PC (other than the monitor), going from a 1440p 28" monitor to a 4K 65" TV has impressed me more than I expected. The sound from my first Dolby Atmos supported title impressed me just as much.

Game Pass has transformed the experience too. Its just great having so many games to hand. It should only get better from here too. I wouldn't even complain if I was paying more than £2 a month for it :p

Amazon do 3yrs warranty for a tenner

That's probably the safest way to buy one, good idea.

Soldato
Yeah the XSX is kinda like a GPU or phone upgrade atm, same base experience, just faster.

Still shocked there is no first party exclusive ready for launch.

I think the mistake is expecting anything additional on day one when going from a 1X. I stayed on the original Xbox and am very much enjoying the step up (and am particularly enjoying Jedi Fallen Order on Gamepass that downloaded last night)

Soldato
Any recommendations for a sub 50" TV? I cant fit anything much bigger into my study so that rules out OLEDS which all seem to be 55"+. We have an LG C8 downstairs and the PQ is fantastic, but 55" will just be too big, so basically after something that does 4k HDR (not too fussed about 120fps) and probably costs below about £600-£700.
I've been driving myself mad looking for one too. The LG OLED 48" is £1500 and I'd worry about burn-in (I have a seven year old son who leaves things paused constantly), the Sonys (OLED, XH85 etc) haven't got HDMI 2.1 (so no VRR, ULLM etc) but are apparently excellent at motion handling and image quality and the Samsungs are 60hz at that size, so nothing's ideal really. Below 48" they are all awful for some reason.

Man of Honour
This is why I'm holding out as after the novelty of new and shiny wears off I'll be left with that feeling of "right, where's the genuinely next gen stuff".

I would definitely get that for those who have played most of the back catalogue. I'm in a great position where I haven't and loads of the games are getting the X upgrades, I suspect it'll keep me going until the next gen games come out.

FH4 is absolutely stunning. If the next gen games manage to improve upon that then, well, wow.

I've been driving myself mad looking for one too. The LG OLED 48" is £1500 and I'd worry about burn-in (I have a seven year old son who leaves things paused constantly), the Sonys (OLED, XH85 etc) haven't got HDMI 2.1 (so no VRR, ULLM etc) but are apparently excellent at motion handling and image quality and the Samsungs are 60hz at that size, so nothing's ideal really. Below 48" they are all awful for some reason.

We seem to be about 1-2 years too early to have a selection of TVs that truly utilise these new features.

Soldato

Samsung Q80T.

Associate
Oh that's brilliant to know, thank you :)

I love the idea of instant-on, but I was worried about that fan.

Only thing with instant on may be power draw - digital foundry reported it pulled 29W in instant on mode whilst eco mode was just 0.5W.
I've looked but can't find any official MS specs to confirm it.

May not be a big deal for some but given it only takes around 20 seconds to boot from cold I think mine will be left on eco unless I'm downloading something big overnight.

Back
Top Bottom