• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeah that is a downside, you'll lose the HD audio, however I went from HD audio on my old xbox one x connected to my amp, to the new series x connected directly to my TV because my TV supports VRR and 120Hz but my amp doesn't, so I'm now having to use normal dolby, and frankly I can't tell the difference!

Losing HD audio on anything but a flagship soundbar will be unnoticed I think. Losing atmos would hurt if you have an atmos soundbar but otherwise optical is fine for all soundbars given their tiny drivers and basic surround setup.

Soldato
With the Xbox Series X yes, it will also accept a 4K 60hz signal from the PS5 and downscale it. If Sony pull there finger out and update the PS5 to support 1440p and VRR I'd be set :D

They really do need to pull it out 1440p/120hz should be a must this generation.

Will look into it although just checked Amazon and a few other places and reviews state it struggles with motion with isn't promising.

Associate
They really do need to pull it out 1440p/120hz should be a must this generation.
Agreed, especially due to the lack of HDMI 2.1 monitors or TV's, plus the eventual price gouge when monitors do arrive. 1440p monitors are widely available and not prohibitally expensive.

Soldato
Agreed, especially due to the lack of HDMI 2.1 monitors or TV's, plus the eventual price gouge when monitors do arrive. 1440p monitors are widely available and not prohibitally expensive.

Yup exactly, which is why i'm hoping by the time I actually get a PS5 1440/120 is a thing.

Until then i'll enjoy it on my XBox once I get my new monitor, might have to wait a little as on furlough at the moment and baby on the way! Hoping I can afford it soon.

Associate
Is anyone using their Series X to watch 4k UHD movies? I've just put one in mine for the first time and the disk drive is annoyingly loud. I don't mind the drive being a bit loud when installing games but I'd say its unusable for watching movies!

Soldato

Will look into it although just checked Amazon and a few other places and reviews state it struggles with motion with isn't promising.

sony sell tv's but not monitors right? that might be their motive.

Caporegime
OP
Damn! That was the first time Microsoft have had stock of their own console since launch day! Even though I want the Series X, I'm so glad I got the S to keep me occupied whilst waiting.

Back
Top Bottom