• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Not if you've already got a decent PC. All Microsoft's Xbox Game Studios games will be coming to Steam/Windows Store (Game Pass). So the better complementary device would be a PS5. But if you want an Xbox, then yes Series X is the best Xbox to have.

A Switch would give far more diversity over a PS5.

Associate
Managed to snaffle an order in on the Swiss Xbox site last night - the equivalent of ~£390 delivered, so am happy with that.......just need to sneak it past the wife and kids! :D

Soldato
With cross saves/play and Gamepass there's a good argument for Series X and a gaming PC making the most sense these days. I would certainly use a gaming PC more than my PS5 and Switch, which have both gathered dust. Consoles tend to be in the lounge where I play local co-op and games where you can kick back and enjoy the experience. Other games where I prefer being hunched over a desk, close to a monitor and twitch aiming with m&k, i'd play on the PC. Of course, you can also retire to the PC when the missus kicks you out the lounge too and play whatever. MS are onto a winner by making the platform secondary to the games.

Caporegime
Finally after a few mths of umming and ahh’ing I’ve managed to bag myself the LG 48” Oled to pair with my series x and just blown away at how nice the picture is.
I’ve already got a 55” c9 for my living room but was waiting on the 48” cx to drop which it did. Bagged it for just under £1k with richer sounds as they were running a promo with £100 off.
At least now I can enjoy full hdr and 4K gaming rather than using a 32” 720p screen:p.
Will take me a bit to get used to the bigger screen size but can’t fault it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Managed to snaffle an order in on the Swiss Xbox site last night - the equivalent of ~£390 delivered, so am happy with that.......just need to sneak it past the wife and kids! :D

That's funny because the Swiss buy electronic goods from the UK because they pay 12% less VAT (20% vs 8%) on goods purchased from places like amazon.co.uk.

Associate
I've been a PC player for years, (my last console was a sega saturn... yeah old but gold)
I'm really interested in buying an Xbox. Would SERIES X be a good option?

I would also 2nd getting a PS5 - having this week got a series x I have to say - for me the PS5 is way ahead in terms of UI, controller, exclusives etc.

Game pass is good - but as a long term PC gamer I have already got all the titles on there that I might want to play currently. As more Xbox/PC exclusives become available (in time !) it may get more use.

Soldato
Some more games coming to Gamepass this week & next week:-

- Worms Rumble (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available Today
- Iron Harvest (PC) – June 24
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered (Console and PC) EA Play – June 24-
- Prodeus (Game Preview) (PC) ID@Xbox – June 24
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (Cloud) – July 1
- Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – July 1
- Gang Beasts (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – July 1
- Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 1
- Limbo (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – July 1

TBH i'm just waiting for Flight Sim at the moment, i might give Worms a try, i havent played that for years.

Soldato
Just went to fire up Halo MCC and 32GB update. Googled it and it's just multiplayer stuff!

Seems odd that multiplayer stuff would be 32GB, I really need to start using Instant On but this is the first time this has happened

Man of Honour
Some more games coming to Gamepass this week & next week:-

- Worms Rumble (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available Today
- Iron Harvest (PC) – June 24
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered (Console and PC) EA Play – June 24-
- Prodeus (Game Preview) (PC) ID@Xbox – June 24
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (Cloud) – July 1
- Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – July 1
- Gang Beasts (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – July 1
- Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 1
- Limbo (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – July 1

TBH i'm just waiting for Flight Sim at the moment, i might give Worms a try, i havent played that for years.

I've been waiting for Bug Fables!

Associate
That's funny because the Swiss buy electronic goods from the UK because they pay 12% less VAT (20% vs 8%) on goods purchased from places like amazon.co.uk.
The exchange rate at thje m,oment makes the Swiss Xbox site a bit of a bargain - works out £439 for the series X with an extra controller!

Soldato
Just started halo 3 and it's not been improved, looks worse than halo 2. Wonder why they didn't improved the graphics seems an odd decision

Edit - just read into it, it was never remastered, fair enough but so jarring playing Halo 2 and then halo 3 looks ancient

Also just realised there is a halo 5 that was never in the MCC, lots more halo to play before Infinite gets released then

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, I've been hovering since last night. I will be getting one for FH5 anyway.
I was going to hold off until September to try and bag one but I'm thinking what it was like last year, people might be try and get them earlier for Christmas. Makes sense to grab one now when there doesn't appear to be much of a fight.

I'm still enjoying my PS5 too much and I'd feel bad being that guy that has a Series X sitting still in the box until winter! :D

Soldato
I was going to hold off until September to try and bag one but I'm thinking what it was like last year, people might be try and get them earlier for Christmas. Makes sense to grab one now when there doesn't appear to be much of a fight.

I'm still enjoying my PS5 too much and I'd feel bad being that guy that has a Series X sitting still in the box until winter! :D

See I'm starting to struggle for games on my PS5 as I had a ps4 and then ps4 pro and played everything back then that interested me. Waiting for new releases now.

But gamepass does have a fair few games on there I've not played.

Back
Top Bottom