Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
I would be keen to know this too. I have pulled back from the brink of purchasing these so many times based on the reviews. I have the first trilogy on DVD but the quality just isn't there.

So it seems to me like The Hobbit trilogy is in crystal clear 4K. Looks fantastic. The older Fellowship trilogy I can’t make my mind up if it’s upscaled 1080p or whether it is 4K but looks a bit softer due to the 10 years time difference in technology. At a normal viewing distance probably can’t tell but I was sitting very close to my TV for the inspection.

Soldato
It’s what happened to others who got it from Game.
I hope this isn't going to be the case because I won't be happy at all, it's strange because I just read some people snagged one from game on the Friday 13th,and it arrived the next day.
I did pay the 9.99 next day dpd and they do deliver Sundays dpd, but still this morning shows as "unshipped" and I've not received any messages from dpd so not looking good.

Soldato
So it seems to me like The Hobbit trilogy is in crystal clear 4K. Looks fantastic. The older Fellowship trilogy I can’t make my mind up if it’s upscaled 1080p or whether it is 4K but looks a bit softer due to the 10 years time difference in technology. At a normal viewing distance probably can’t tell but I was sitting very close to my TV for the inspection.

Well the 4k Bluray was good but not great.

Old movies can look excellent, it's down to the mastering and source material. Just take a look @ My Fair Lady in 4K. Best UHD PQ I've seen.

Soldato
I hope this isn't going to be the case because I won't be happy at all, it's strange because I just read some people snagged one from game on the Friday 13th,and it arrived the next day.
I did pay the 9.99 next day dpd and they do deliver Sundays dpd, but still this morning shows as "unshipped" and I've not received any messages from dpd so not looking good.
You'll get one shipped as soon as they get the next stock shipment.

Caporegime

Some did, not everyone.

Same with Curry's VIP code, some got a call the day after, I got a call about 15 days later. The alternative is you give you getting it inside about 2 weeks and risk getting it elsewhere like Amazon which will deliver next day but you don't know when that will be.

Soldato
Some did, not everyone.

Same with Curry's VIP code, some got a call the day after, I got a call about 15 days later. The alternative is you give you getting it inside about 2 weeks and risk getting it elsewhere like Amazon which will deliver next day but you don't know when that will be.

Luckily just now got a message from both game and dpd saying its arriving tomorrow, so whether they've had a drop/shipment come in today who knows, I'd keep an eye out on game store guys.
When I ordered mine it wae 3am in the morning they popped up open for order so just a head up :)

Soldato
Well. What an utter load of tosh Hades is. I can’t see anything about this game that has caused all the praise it has received. In my eyes, Children of Morta is ten times better. Thanks Game Pass indeed as it’s saved me from buying two flops now (The Ascent and Hades).

Now I’ve got that off my chest - has anyone here bought any films from Xbox? I’m really tempted to buy the six Lord of the Rings films in UHD but I don’t know what the quality would be like. The single review says only the first film is 4K, the others are SD which surely can’t be right.

I honestly don't understand how you can't like hades. I guess we all have different tastes but wow. I put about 70hrs into hades on Pc and then I tried it on xbox this week and sat for 2hrs straight when I was supposedly having an early night.

Soldato
I honestly don't understand how you can't like hades. I guess we all have different tastes but wow. I put about 70hrs into hades on Pc and then I tried it on xbox this week and sat for 2hrs straight when I was supposedly having an early night.

Hades is my first Rogue-like, and I'm loving it, at first I was really annoyed every time I died but after the 30th or so I'm getting used to it :D

Beat Meg this morning at the 4th time of asking and managed to make it a few rooms into the lava bit.

Really enjoying the narrative too, it's very well done and some great humour which is a rarity in games.

Associate
thanks for the update mate. Yeah guess it was down to how they produced it initially? as to how well it fairs when remastered. Yeah you can defo see the difference in quality from the Hobbit to the Fellowship trilogy.
Still solid films at least to me, really enjoy them.

Caporegime
OP
thanks for the update mate. Yeah guess it was down to how they produced it initially? as to how well it fairs when remastered. Yeah you can defo see the difference in quality from the Hobbit to the Fellowship trilogy.
Still solid films at least to me, really enjoy them.

Having watched a bit more of Fellowship, it's definitely 4K but just not as sharp. As you say, still very good films though. It's unheard of for me to spend £50 on movies but ITV haven't shown Frodo trilogy for aeons now and I was desperate to continue on from Hobbit trilogy which has been on this week.

Associate
Having watched a bit more of Fellowship, it's definitely 4K but just not as sharp. As you say, still very good films though. It's unheard of for me to spend £50 on movies but ITV haven't shown Frodo trilogy for aeons now and I was desperate to continue on from Hobbit trilogy which has been on this week.

Ah cool, tempted to get them myself. Yeah I'm due to watch through the entirety of it, that and Band of Brothers. That is something I need to get digitally too, only have the DVD version at the moment.

Soldato
Hades is my first Rogue-like, and I'm loving it, at first I was really annoyed every time I died but after the 30th or so I'm getting used to it :D

Beat Meg this morning at the 4th time of asking and managed to make it a few rooms into the lava bit.

Really enjoying the narrative too, it's very well done and some great humour which is a rarity in games.

Yeah you will realise that you are expected to die multiple times and it's not really until you level up your skills and learn some good combinations that it gets easier.

I think the most important skill for me to get to end game was Athenas deflect. Dash deflect and double / triple dash makes your survivability much better.

Back
Top Bottom