• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
It's amazing value, especially with games like Flight Simulator and Hades out now, and Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite just around the corner!

Crazy value. I’ve played so many games this year, that even if I had paid full game pass price, would still have saved me an absolute fortune. It also means I’ve enjoyed games that I wouldn’t have otherwise touched.

Currently hooked on Psychonauts 2. Such a creative and funny game. 97% positive reviews on Steam and I would have to agree, just old fashioned good fun.

Can’t wait for Halo.

Man of Honour
Crazy value. I’ve played so many games this year, that even if I had paid full game pass price, would still have saved me an absolute fortune. It also means I’ve enjoyed games that I wouldn’t have otherwise touched.

Currently hooked on Psychonauts 2. Such a creative and funny game. 97% positive reviews on Steam and I would have to agree, just old fashioned good fun.

Can’t wait for Halo.

It’s also generated great discussions about games being added to the service and what to play, such as our conversations.

It’s game changer for coop too as all my mates always have the same set of games, and I don’t need to convince anyone to take a chance buying a game.

Soldato
I've put quite a few hours into Fallout 4 and have my progress halted by a bug. The quest form ranks requires you to alienate the institute which I did by declining the offer and have 8 aligned settlements, I have nearly 20. Preston just keeps sending me on the same repeating quests and nothing changes. Anyone else had similar, I'm at the point of giving up and it's so annoying after playing so long.

Associate
I've put quite a few hours into Fallout 4 and have my progress halted by a bug. The quest form ranks requires you to alienate the institute which I did by declining the offer and have 8 aligned settlements, I have nearly 20. Preston just keeps sending me on the same repeating quests and nothing changes. Anyone else had similar, I'm at the point of giving up and it's so annoying after playing so long.

Have you complete 'Old Guns'? I read if you complete that first it fixes it.

Maybe try adding him as a companion if that doesn't work?

(1) Can't get past the 'Form Ranks' quest. : fo4 (reddit.com)

Soldato
Yep I've done pretty much everything other than the paladin quests and the silver something quest. Tried everything I've read just won't progress. I've done so many of the repeating quests now I can't be bothered.

Soldato
Managed to get a pre-order in on the Halo LE Xbox Series X console in my local game with £20 deposit, had literally just got a series x as well but couldn't resist, looks really nice.

Soldato
Hear me out... I'm wasteful and buy unnecessary things.... So naturally I bought a discounted Series S for the bedroom to play games/GamePass casually (Madden, 2k, Destiny probably).

I already have a Series X in my man cave and my old One X in the living room for light gaming / media. Figured by using cloud saves I can have a nice unified gaming ecosystem with progress carried across.

Anyone do something similar?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Here me out... I'm wasteful and buy unnecessary things.... So naturally I bought a discounted Series S for the bedroom to play games/GamePass casually (Madden, 2k, Destiny probably).

I already have a Series X in my man cave and my old One X in the living room for light gaming / media. Figured by using cloud saves I can have a nice unified gaming ecosystem with progress carried across.

Anyone do something similar?

Yes, it works perfectly. If you have a game using quick resume with an out of date save, it will close to sync the save without any drama.

Soldato
Yes, it works perfectly. If you have a game using quick resume with an out of date save, it will close to sync the save without any drama.
Thanks that's good to know.
Will be useful to be able to pick and play from wherever.

I also just saw that I misspelled "hear"... Lol

Man of Honour
Thanks that's good to know.
Will be useful to be able to pick and play from wherever.

I also just saw that I misspelled "hear"... Lol

Just be aware that you can't turn off quick resume. I wish I could as it's generally broken and I'd rather have the ~40GB storage space back. Games boot up incredibly fast if they aren't designed with forced unskippable splash screen so it seems pretty pointless to me.

Soldato
Spent a couple of hours today getting started with plague tail after reading good things in this thread, not my usual game but really enjoying it so far. Up to chapter 7, looked up to find there’s another 10 waiting for me, for some reason I expected it to be allot shorter.

Soldato
Quick question about Game Pass as I'm considering a Series S for the kids.

If I have my account on the console as the main account with a Game Pass sub would they both be able to access all of the games from it using their own accounts if all three accounts are on the same console? Or do they both need their own Game Pass sub?

Soldato
Quick question about Game Pass as I'm considering a Series S for the kids.

If I have my account on the console as the main account with a Game Pass sub would they both be able to access all of the games from it using their own accounts if all three accounts are on the same console? Or do they both need their own Game Pass sub?

So long as your account is on the console, they can all play the games using their own accounts. It's how we do it.

Back
Top Bottom