• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Why would any of those top selling game devs want to lock themselves into the Microsoft bubble. Essentially cutting out a huge fanbase, via other systems (PlayStation and Nintendo). don’t see it happening.

People didn't see it happening with Bethesda and it happened. At the end of the day the developers have little say, it's those in control pulling the strings in those companies that make the decision. Bobby Kotick isn't a developer, but he's head of Activision Blizzard, and I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to do a deal to sell it off for stupid amounts of billions given half the chance. Sometimes those at the top only care about the money they stand to make. It's the same for any industry.

Associate
Not sure if tis is the right thread or not, but I just got the xbox SX, and thought I'd give multiplayer a go on Sea of Thieves. I have played it plenty single player in my sloop but thought I'd give multiplayer a go.

How do I join a multi crew ship, I went in to "Looking for a group" and chose SoT, there I see people asking for team mates, I select and send a message but then nothing happens. Do I just have to send multiple requests until someone adds me, or am I not doing something I should? btw I am not twitch generation.

Associate
Not sure if tis is the right thread or not, but I just got the xbox SX, and thought I'd give multiplayer a go on Sea of Thieves. I have played it plenty single player in my sloop but thought I'd give multiplayer a go.

How do I join a multi crew ship, I went in to "Looking for a group" and chose SoT, there I see people asking for team mates, I select and send a message but then nothing happens. Do I just have to send multiple requests until someone adds me, or am I not doing something I should? btw I am not twitch generation.

Are you talking Adventure or Arena mode?

Associate
It may not be the last “big” acquisition. But the next one won’t be taketwo or Ubisoft. So we can rule those out.
If either of those two companies have a majority shareholder then they are actually easier to acquire (assuming the offer price is acceptable to the majority shareholder). They don't need to have all of the shares to have control of the company, and they don't need to publish until their intent to make an offer crystalises.........a quick google shows that 65% of the shares in Ubisoft are owned by institutional shreholders - these are big investment corporates (hedge funds and pension funds) that wouldn't think twice at dropping their holding for a tasty profit, especially if they offer an enticing MS share buyout (pay for the acquisition with shares from the new company).

Having said all that, Valve would be a vastly easier acquisition if Gabe still owns more than 50% (as MS would primarily be dealing with a single person).......and I want to see a HalfLife 3 in my life time! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Why would any of those top selling game devs want to lock themselves into the Microsoft bubble. Essentially cutting out a huge fanbase, via other systems (PlayStation and Nintendo). don’t see it happening.
There's a whole host of reasons, not least because the company owner gets a suitcase full of money and the staff get job security and not needing to worry whether your next release would be a hit or a flop. Commercially, it makes a lot of sense to have a behemoth (be that Microsoft or Sony) own your company.........and for MS and Sony it makes more sense to buy an asset than to pay extortionate exclusivity deals.

Soldato
If either of those two companies have a majority shareholder then they are actually easier to acquire (assuming the offer price is acceptable to the majority shareholder). They don't need to have all of the shares to have control of the company, and they don't need to publish until their intent to make an offer crystalises.
It won’t happen. :p

Soldato
I can't install Doom Eternal!

I installed the Battlemode version by mistake so uninstalled it and went to install Campaign, it doesn't do anything, doesn't download or appear in library, tried Standard edition which Inc both and it's the same, doesn't do anything, it's as if it thinks it's already installed but it isn't in my library.

I can download other games fine. Anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks

Edit - Nevermind, Battlemode is the base game! Just noticed thats 80gb and the campaign is 10mb

Bit of a weird naming convention there

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so for the stupid in the room (Me) -

Cancel subscription
Wait for cancelled subscription to expire
Buy 3x 12 months of Xbox Live Gold from CDKeys
Apply Xbox Live Gold to account
By 1 x 1 month GamePass Ultimate
Apply 1 month GamePass Ultimate to account
3 years of Gamepass Ultimate magically appears on my account

This sound right? Doesn't seem right, why would they give you effectively two years for free

So my subscription finally expired and I did this just this morning and it worked like a champ, if you turn on recurring billing you get an extra month free so it's 3 years and 1 month.

Thanks Microsoft and all that helped hammer this into my tiny brain a few pages ago, just saved me £££ over the next 3 years :)

Soldato
Can you explain how please?
Sure. It's basically MS trying to get people to use their systems.

1. Sign into MS Rewards with your MS account on MS Edge https://rewards.microsoft.com/
2. Install the MS Rewards Extension
3. Click the Extension and complete all the rewards, polls, quizzes etc.

You get 90 points for using Bing searches. Personally I just search for 'Actors' until I get 90.
You get 12 points for using Edge. I only use Edge for doing Rewards personally.
You get 60 points for searching on a mobile. Again I just search for Actors or something. You can right click on your browser and choose 'Inspect' to fool it into thinking its on a mobile

There are weekly and monthly rewards on the Xbox itself which are usually very easy to do too.

Associate
Yeah MS rewards is the way to go man. I do the same I have my morning routine where I do my rewards with coffee and breakfast.
Coupled with the stuff via game challenges in the Gamepass app on xbox, and the rewards dashboard app on the xbox, weekly treasure from MS and other bits and bobs thrown
in you can really start to reap the benefits. Oh and there is a streak reward as well, the points vary but help to boost them up. I just pre-ordered Diablo II Resurrected and toying with the idea of getting Battlefield Gold, just got enough points for it. I have been saving pretty much all year. My last purchase was Valhalla and prior to that COD 2019. All with rewards points.

Really worth doing

Soldato
MS rewards are great, I paid for a big chunk of my Expansion Card with them back in February and have enough for BF2042 when its out already.

It looks really crappy when you get started, but it does add up.

Soldato
So my subscription finally expired and I did this just this morning and it worked like a champ, if you turn on recurring billing you get an extra month free so it's 3 years and 1 month.

Thanks Microsoft and all that helped hammer this into my tiny brain a few pages ago, just saved me £££ over the next 3 years :)

How much is x3 12 month gold from CD keys, £120?

Back
Top Bottom