• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Made a start on forza, loving it. Had to switch to performance from quality after the initial introductions, much prefer it. Hoping to get the kids in bed early for a good session tonight :D (never going to happen though)

Man of Honour
You know its an option on the dashboard? Literally 2 seconds.

Agree with others re graphics, it looks great but nothing screams massive improvement over 4.

For me I’m more impressed with the other improvements like those to the car handling, response to different surfaces and in particular the audio. There’s a lot of visual improvements, but they are really subtle. I’m guessing the next forza motorsport will be the true next gen title.

Oh, and I forgot the smoke, especially tyre smoke, how it’s generated and lit by the environment. Small, but impressive nonetheless.

Absolutely loads of car customisation options this time too.

Soldato
When’s FH5 gonna be able to play via game pass? Keeps saying I’m too early!

You need to pay to play even though you've already paid in your subscription or wait until the 9th for a more basic game

Yes I'm salty, more of this early access more basic game for subscribers stuff coming I reckon

39.99 as well, unless you live in Iceland and then it's £24 just because

Associate
You need to pay to play even though you've already paid in your subscription or wait until the 9th for a more basic game

Yes I'm salty, more of this early access more basic game for subscribers stuff coming I reckon

its quite easy to buy from iceland though the fact i have to buy addons for the games i truly like i don't actually mind
I'd be ok for the base game to be free on GP and then addons DLC expansions are all chargeable for all games but i'm probably in the minority on that lol

Soldato

I can't see that anyone will have paid for the deluxe for the early access, its just a small bonus. For me I got it because I put that much time into FH it made sense to get the full package with the expansions and the VIP.

I've played for a few hours now, come across a few minor bugs such as hitting an invisible wall in the sky on some jumps and the car resetting from high speed to zero mph in the blink of an eye, nothing that's made a difference in reality.

I understand the sentiment for people to say there's not much of an improvement over FH4, however I think that was always going to be the case when comparing to FH with the next gen updates that they put to it on release of the series consoles, if it wasn't for that and we were drawing comparisons against the true oneX version of the game then I think it would be perceived as quite a jump.

Associate
What do people think of the new environment? as in the choice of mexico? I haven't seen much yet but already I'm wishing it had gone to Tokyo as was guessed before Mexico was revealed. I'm probably in the minority but I'd have preferred a much more built up neon cityscape.

Edit...I'm sure I'll change my mind once I've seen a lot more.

Soldato
What do people think of the new environment? as in the choice of mexico? I haven't seen much yet but already I'm wishing it had gone to Tokyo as was guessed before Mexico was revealed. I'm probably in the minority but I'd have preferred a much more built up neon cityscape.

By all accounts it looks incredible. Would love an Iceland or Tokyo setting

Man of Honour

What game? :cry:

This is the Xbox Series X|S thread. ;)

Soldato

Whole lot of nothing really. The environments are good at a distance though.

Associate
Picking up my Halo Series X next week! Out of the loop with Xbox just now with having a PS5 - are there any 'must-have' accessories to go with it? Thinking a play and charge kit of some sorts?

Soldato
Picking up my Halo Series X next week! Out of the loop with Xbox just now with having a PS5 - are there any 'must-have' accessories to go with it? Thinking a play and charge kit of some sorts?

Just get a good set of rechargeable batteries along with a charger and your battery needs are sorted. I wouldn't bother with a play and charge kit.

Game Pass is probably the most must-have accessory for the Xbox.

Oh, and the wireless headset is pretty damn good for the money as well.

Soldato

As said get rechargeable batteries instead, I got some Panasonic eneloop pros and a amazon basic battery charger. They last ages between charges.

Caporegime
Anyone playing FH5 feel free to add my gamertag "rp2000". I have a feeling I will be playing this for a long time on gamepass and it will be cool to compare records with others. I played FH4 on gamepass pretty much solo and don't actually have any friends on my Xbox live account :p

From the 1 hour I've played it feels great on performance mode on Series S. Loads even faster than FH4 used to. Although seems to be plagued by the same constant network disconnects as well :(.

I know there's a Ocuk club from the PC thread. Not sure how crossplay FH5 is but if someone could invite me to the relevant ocuk club that would be great.

rp2000

Soldato

Due to get mine a week Monday too, looking forward to it. Managed to get the Halo Elite 2 controller to go with it too, was considering one for a while and the Halo design had me sold, looks really nice.

Back
Top Bottom