• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I'm a PS5 owner and have a PC with an ancient GPU, with no prospect of upgrading that GPU any time soon. I've been quietly looking at Game Pass and it's pull finally made me cave in.

Ordered a Series X yesterday from Game on All Access. Console was delivered 15mins ago! I definitely chose a good time. Feel bad in a way, as people that have been waiting and hunting for weeks on end for stock and I literally have ordered and got it in hand in less than 24hrs. There must have been huge amounts of stock that came in yesterday looking at how long they stayed in stock for. Game All Acess still seems to be in stock also.

I've not owned an Xbox since the 360 days, feeling the excitement all over again.
Seems like Game has been getting some in regular as they had some in yesterday (online) and I missed my chance looked today and bagged the FIFA bundle for delivery tomorrow.

Associate
I have a Samsung T5 external ssd and when I connect it to the xbox series s, I don't have the option to copy games to it.

When I plug it in, I don't get the prompt to format it like I'm meant to. And although the drive is recognised in external storage, it doesn't seem to give the option to use it for storing games

Any ideas?

Associate
I have a Samsung T5 external ssd and when I connect it to the xbox series s, I don't have the option to copy games to it.

When I plug it in, I don't get the prompt to format it like I'm meant to. And although the drive is recognised in external storage, it doesn't seem to give the option to use it for storing games

Any ideas?

The obvious one is try a different USB port.

It sounds like i am reading from a solution sheet at a call centre but i had strange "not fast enough" message when having an external hdd plugged into one of my USB ports on my S/X.
I plugged it into another USB port and the issue was gone.

Soldato
Great little option they've added with the latest system update, the ability to change your default sound output device. I was constantly diving for the sounder remote late at night but now it goes straight to the headset. So handy.

Soldato
Has anyone experienced issues with Steelseries Arctis Heaphone mics just refusing to work on their series consoles? We (my wife and I) have both the 3 and 7 models and despite connecting via the 3.5mm jack and following the normal troubleshooting steps, the mic just doesn't work. The actual headphones themselves work, game audio and chat audio can be heard its just the mic that doesn't pick anything up. Audio settings suggest a mic is connected although changing the sliders for the mic does nothing to improve things. We do get the momentary blip in audio like when a mic is connected but then nothing.

Changing no settings and instead plugging in either a Turtle Beach headset or the official Sony wireless headset works fine on both counts (audio and mic).

Both sets of Arctis headphones work on the PS4/5 and PC without issue.

I am at a complete loss as to what is happening. The only thing I have left to try is different controllers, but we are both using Elites thus don't really want to switch back to the normal pads (me especially as I use the paddles and short throw triggers).

I don't really want to get more headsets but right now its looking like we might have to if we want to utilise party chat (for reference the Turtle Beach are hilariously uncomfortable as they sit on your ears and not around them (plus have crazy amounts of clamp force), and the Sony headset is from around the PS4 launch so the ear cups are malting everywhere...).

Associate
Has anyone experienced issues with Steelseries Arctis Heaphone mics just refusing to work on their series consoles? We (my wife and I) have both the 3 and 7 models and despite connecting via the 3.5mm jack and following the normal troubleshooting steps, the mic just doesn't work. The actual headphones themselves work, game audio and chat audio can be heard its just the mic that doesn't pick anything up. Audio settings suggest a mic is connected although changing the sliders for the mic does nothing to improve things. We do get the momentary blip in audio like when a mic is connected but then nothing.

Changing no settings and instead plugging in either a Turtle Beach headset or the official Sony wireless headset works fine on both counts (audio and mic).

I am at a complete loss as to what is happening. The only thing I have left to try is different controllers, but we are both using Elites thus don't really want to switch back to the normal pads (me especially as I use the paddles and short throw triggers).

I don't really want to get more headsets but right now its looking like we might have to if we want to utilise party chat (for reference the Turtle Beach are hilariously uncomfortable as they sit on your ears and not around them (plus have crazy amounts of clamp force), and the Sony headset is from around the PS4 launch so the ear cups are malting everywhere...).
Have you tried updating the firmware? Do they work when using the wireless dongle?

jpm

jpm

Associate
Took delivery of my Series X this morning, nice little surprise considering it wasn't meant to be here until the 31st. Already sold my Series S to a mate so happy days.

Just transferring all my stuff over and then get stuck in :).

jpm

jpm

Associate
Enjoy mate ..probably been my best purchase in years after moving from pc gaming because of gpu prices

Cheers mate, Yeah reason why I have gone back to console, the prices of the GPU's was a bit out of my price range, bought a Series S on the cheap a few months back to tide me over until I could get an X . The S was a nifty little console though.

Soldato

I'm using the 9x without issue. As stated above, I'd check for a firmware update, they're usually good with that. You have got the scroll wheel set so you can hear the chat right?

Soldato
No firmware update available and all settings as they should be. Did some more testing today with different cables and same issue. Switched to the pc and it works straight away.

Ordered up a couple of Corsair HS50’s refurbished by Corsair for £25 each. Should do the job well enough.

Associate
Received an Xbox series x yesterday, it's it just me or does the xbox/home button really need to be pressed right in hard for it to register. The Xbox one x controller just had to be pressed, but the series x controller I have to press it right in to register.

Soldato
Received an Xbox series x yesterday, it's it just me or does the xbox/home button really need to be pressed right in hard for it to register. The Xbox one x controller just had to be pressed, but the series x controller I have to press it right in to register.
The controller that came with my console works seamlessly, but I have this issue with my design lab control, to the point that I need to arrange to return it but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom