• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
How many games on gamepass are actually flagship games?

Every first party game is on GamePass.

That's incorrect. Usb 3.0 HDDs will easily write at about 90-100 megabytes per second to the series consoles

As you mentioned your 10gb connection is totally irrelevant as the series X can only see 1gb of that and even if you are getting 800 megabits (ive never seen it go over 650 personally) that is still slower than via USB.

An external HDD is great alternative to redownloading content until the series consoles get a faster network interface, if you are talking about speed.

Edit: now I'm not so sure and maybe I'm having a maths fail :p will leave the post until I'm (inevitably) corrected!

rp2000

You make me laugh sometimes :p

Anyway, most USB HDDs are limited by the throughput of the platter not the USB speeds.

Soldato
That's incorrect. Usb 3.0 HDDs will easily write at about 90-100 megabytes per second to the series consoles

As you mentioned your 10gb connection is totally irrelevant as the series X can only see 1gb of that and even if you are getting 800 megabits (ive never seen it go over 650 personally) that is still slower than via USB.

An external HDD is great alternative to redownloading content until the series consoles get a faster network interface, if you are talking about speed.

Edit: now I'm not so sure and maybe I'm having a maths fail :p will leave the post until I'm (inevitably) corrected!

rp2000

I generally move titles to a 4TB external HDD for this reason. I only have 35mbps down FTTC which translates to around 3.5MB/s for downloads on a good day for me.

Quicker to move from my external drive than re-download.

Soldato
If it carries on for £1 sure I'd get it. For anything more than £4.99 a month I will happily go back to buying and selling games.
I just renewed through the brazil method for 3 years (cost me AU$180). So since I'm pretty much exclusively digital now, and new AAA games over here are AU$100 for a standard edition, it takes less than two games in three years that I would have otherwise bought, for me to get value. For me, that's Forza.

But the real value I feel I get from games pass is the dozens of awesome games I play that I never would have bought. Hades is a great example... gawd I loved that game.

I'm not sure gamepass is going to be good for the industry in the long run (people are buying less, or waiting for a game to come that never does), it's working pretty well for me.

Monthly is AU$16.99 a month here, which does sound steep, so not sure about that, but then I think of Netflix 4 screen package is now AU$21.99 I think, so then it sounds like a bargain again :D

Soldato
I have noticed something interesting comparing a launch Series X vs new one a couple of weeks old. The new one has less blanked holes on the rear which would allow more air input. Both share the same model number of 1882. You can clearly see the new model has less blanked holes on both sides.

Launch model.

New model.

Soldato
I have noticed something interesting comparing a launch Series X vs new one a couple of weeks old. The new one has less blanked holes on the rear which would allow more air input. Both share the same model number of 1882. You can clearly see the new model has less blanked holes on both sides.

Launch model.

New model.

Could it be a new revision of the console i wonder or maybe a different case supplier.

Caporegime
I just renewed through the brazil method for 3 years (cost me AU$180). So since I'm pretty much exclusively digital now, and new AAA games over here are AU$100 for a standard edition, it takes less than two games in three years that I would have otherwise bought, for me to get value. For me, that's Forza.

But the real value I feel I get from games pass is the dozens of awesome games I play that I never would have bought. Hades is a great example... gawd I loved that game.

I'm not sure gamepass is going to be good for the industry in the long run (people are buying less, or waiting for a game to come that never does), it's working pretty well for me.

Monthly is AU$16.99 a month here, which does sound steep, so not sure about that, but then I think of Netflix 4 screen package is now AU$21.99 I think, so then it sounds like a bargain again :D

wow hello stranger. I was wondering what had happened to you after your posts on face ache dried up. Yeah I can see the value for you, I play gears from time to time with Aussies and if they aren’t moaning about their ping to server it’s game prices!

I will take a look at Hades over xmas because I really struggle to find anything to play!

Anyway Happy Christmas and glad you are well :)

Soldato
How many games on gamepass are actually flagship games? I think it's poor value at the intended price. When my 3 years are up I can see me going back to gold. I look through the list of games and of the ones I hadn't already got or played on the 360/xbox one there's almost nothing I'd have played. I've downloaded a few like Gears Tactics, Back4Blood but got bored and deleted it. Same with most of the game pass games. I know it's not a rich period of time in the gaming industry but I wouldn't say there are that many flagship games on gamepass?

Halo, Forza. I can see the appeal if you like old games but I don't find the current content amazing. My son plays a few more but I doubt Minecraft and Rocket League at this point is saving us money. Some might argue Gears is flagship but it mostly definitely isn't and I say that as probably the person on this forum who has played it the most :D

If it carries on for £1 sure I'd get it. For anything more than £4.99 a month I will happily go back to buying and selling games.

I've got the opposite issue; there's too much on the service that I would like to play :p I've barely started Halo, and haven't touched Forza Horizon 5 or Psychonauts 2 yet. Played through a fair few smaller titles this year though, and logged a lot of hours in Flight Sim and AoE4.

I'm not sure I get enough out of it to warrant £10.99/month. TBH I'd probably only sub to either Xbox Game Pass or PC Game Pass, rather than Ultimate, if the offers disappeared.

Soldato
And this one's been live for 3+ hours now. I'm thinking Xbox Series X is reaching saturation point.

i hope we start seeing them readily available on shelves soon. I have a £100 gift card from my house builder that can only be used in store that I’m waiting to use.

Back
Top Bottom