• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
1TB Expansion cards are currently £194.99 on the Xbox store.

I only checked as i had just got to the 260k ish MS reward points needed to get a free one at full price. Now i have a spare £25 of points to go towards whatever i aim for next.

Soldato
if anyone is playing Forza horizon 5, have the mini games disappeared for you? I've been doing the season stuff but there haven't been any mini games showing for the last couple of weeks, it just says not available at this time. Also for the race whereby its players vs computer avatars I can never join a game. I thought it would just be a bug but I can't see anyone else complaining about the same issue elsewhere.

Caporegime
if anyone is playing Forza horizon 5, have the mini games disappeared for you? I've been doing the season stuff but there haven't been any mini games showing for the last couple of weeks, it just says not available at this time. Also for the race whereby its players vs computer avatars I can never join a game. I thought it would just be a bug but I can't see anyone else complaining about the same issue elsewhere.
Restart the game

Soldato
Probably everyone else knows but me

But for first time and just for curiosity I went into the accessories app last night saw both my controllers looked for interest at settings to find both my newer Series X controller and my older Xbox One controller had updates available no idea how out of date they were as have never been in app before

Series X one updated wirelessly the older controller I had to plug into the Series X with Micro USB for it to update

Man of Honour
Probably everyone else knows but me

But for first time and just for curiosity I went into the accessories app last night saw both my controllers looked for interest at settings to find both my newer Series X controller and my older Xbox One controller had updates available no idea how out of date they were as have never been in app before

Series X one updated wirelessly the older controller I had to plug into the Series X with Micro USB for it to update

Probably when the update with the dimmable light in the XSX controller released.

Soldato
MY 6900XT died on my PC and it's going to take awhile for the RMA to be sorted out. I was going to buy another GPU and sell it when I get the 6900XT back but decided to check my local Argos and see had they any consoles in Stock.

There was 1 Xbox Series X left, so I bought it.

I set it up Saturday, connected it to my home cinema setup and my 55CX OLED and left it for the day downloading some games and updates. Then spent yesterday trying some games out.

The four games that I have tried so far are

MiddleEarth: Shadow Of Mordor
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Sunset Overdrive
Red Dead Redemption 2

First impressions are:- WOW!!!!! Very impressed by how good everything looks and the sound quality is great with Dolby Atmos. It's almost completely silent and games load up very quickly. The space fills up pretty Quickly though, even with just the 4 games listed above and 3 others, I have less than 200GB left already.

Was going to sell it on after I got my 6900XT back, but, I think I might keep it. I had forgotten how handy console gaming is. It's making me reconsider my PC gaming needs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apart from RDR (assuming you mean RDR2?), are all pretty "meh" looking games too. Have you tried the new Forza @melmac ?

Thanks for pointing out my mistake :) I do mean RDR 2.

I haven't tried the new Forza yet. Sticking to games on Game Pass for the moment. Any on Game pass that you would recommend??

There are reasons I picked those 4 games though :) I have Shadow Of Mordor and Fallen Order on my PC. They might be meh looking games, but, playing on a 55 inch 4K OLED instead of a 27inch 1440p monitor really makes the games look fantastic!! While I can't compare directly because my PC is broken, I don't think either game ever looked so good on my PC.

The reason I picked the other two is simple, Sunset Overdrive and RDR 2 are the only two games that I have on disc. :)

Associate
At least my Elite controller is working flawlessly right out of the box. For now at least.

Really wanted keyboard and mouse support added to Doom Eternal as I have the Razer combo but I can't wait forever.

When I want to crank up the difficulty on DE I can see me moving to PC, not sure DE on my 4790k and 1080ti will look as good as the Series X but I feel I'm gonna need a K+M for the best chance of beating it on the harder difficulty setting.

Caporegime
OP
Good god. What a ripoff!

Last year, I played in an Xbox Fanfest quiz for the 20th anniversary and won 35 bucks in gift cards for the official Xbox gear shop. The T-shirt I wanted was out of stock until today. It cost £20. Bought it and it cost me £8. £16 in flipping shipping and taxes!!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Might as well post it here in case anyone searches for HDMi 2.1 splitter or Switch.

My use case is that I have an S/X, 55" 4k120 Samsung TV, and a 27" 1440p Asus monitor. At times I like playing on the TV, and other times I like playing on the Monitor (in my case at the moment, I prefer playing Halo on the monitor). I didn't want to keep unplugging and replugging from the back of the xbox, so I kept looking for a splitter, and I've finally got one that works great.

I can't be asked to check if OcUK sells these kind of peripherals, so won't link to Amazon in case competitor rules, but I found in the US store "CABLEDCONN HDMI2.1 Ultra 8K HD Bi-Directional Switch"

As the title says, it works with one in, two out or the opposite with two in, one out but I'm not able to verify the second use case.

Soldato
Thanks for pointing out my mistake :) I do mean RDR 2.

I haven't tried the new Forza yet. Sticking to games on Game Pass for the moment. Any on Game pass that you would recommend??

There are reasons I picked those 4 games though :) I have Shadow Of Mordor and Fallen Order on my PC. They might be meh looking games, but, playing on a 55 inch 4K OLED instead of a 27inch 1440p monitor really makes the games look fantastic!! While I can't compare directly because my PC is broken, I don't think either game ever looked so good on my PC.

The reason I picked the other two is simple, Sunset Overdrive and RDR 2 are the only two games that I have on disc. :)

MS flight simulator 2020 is good if you like that sort of thing, generally its a good looking game but at times it can look stunning. Only sad thing is you cant get all the mods that the PC version can get, we are limited to the xbox market place for the sparse content they offer for the game.

Soldato
At least my Elite controller is working flawlessly right out of the box. For now at least.

Really wanted keyboard and mouse support added to Doom Eternal as I have the Razer combo but I can't wait forever.

When I want to crank up the difficulty on DE I can see me moving to PC, not sure DE on my 4790k and 1080ti will look as good as the Series X but I feel I'm gonna need a K+M for the best chance of beating it on the harder difficulty setting.

I gave up trying to play the first one using a controller, drove me mad. I've tried all sorts to get them to add it, even emailing Phil Spencer but no joy. Funnily enough they added it to the Quake remaster in the last update.

Back
Top Bottom