• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I just got a Series S from a relative who bought it, never used it, and forgot to send it back... so £100 later here I am :p I have a PS5 primarily but thought it would be handy to play through any Xbox exclusives/make use of Game Pass. My last Xbox was the 360!

What are people doing re: controller batteries? Lots on Amazon but they sound a mixed bag.

Permabanned
Anyone know if there's issues with Halo at the minute? Sat down on my day off to finish the campaign and it says I need to buy the game even though I have gamepass ultimate? Can't play MP either.

Permabanned
Assume you have quit the game and relaunched it?

Yeah and restarted the Xbox as well. Its not an issue with Gamepass as I booted another couple of games that are on there as well so the sub is live and active. Thing is it pops up with a button to buy but you cant press that either for some reason.

Soldato
I just got a Series S from a relative who bought it, never used it, and forgot to send it back... so £100 later here I am :p I have a PS5 primarily but thought it would be handy to play through any Xbox exclusives/make use of Game Pass. My last Xbox was the 360!

What are people doing re: controller batteries? Lots on Amazon but they sound a mixed bag.

Official play and charge kit, works great for me

Soldato
Think there must be problems. Trying to download it on PC and it just wont happen. gets a couple of % in and then just disappears from the downloads list.

Try signing out and back in, had an issue a while ago where the licence for a game I bought disappeared and wouldn't let me play. Signing in / out with a console full shutdown in-between sorted it.

Permabanned
Try signing out and back in, had an issue a while ago where the licence for a game I bought disappeared and wouldn't let me play. Signing in / out with a console full shutdown in-between sorted it.

I left it for an hour this afternoon, came back and all was fine. Shut down the console around 3 and when I started it back to to resume it did the same again. Other games work fine though.

Wont install at all on PC and just disappears from the downloads list.

Caporegime
My preference has been to buy some eneloop batteries and a charger. Definitely a good alternative.

This is what I went for in the end, some of the 3rd party packs have pretty slow mah and slow charge times. Two pads and a few rechargeable AAs works well for me.

Soldato
I left it for an hour this afternoon, came back and all was fine. Shut down the console around 3 and when I started it back to to resume it did the same again. Other games work fine though.

Wont install at all on PC and just disappears from the downloads list.
There were MP server related server issues that's since been resolved, could also have affected the campaign.

Soldato
I hate this practice in general of locking people out of games. I get it from a business POV of course. Not everyone can afford two consoles. Can't get my ahead around MS owning Crash Bandicoot.
Surely it is in everyone's interest to let owners of other consoles play the games, be it through a subscription service or whatever even if the physical copies don't get made.

Back
Top Bottom