• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
The 2TB expansion drive has arrived in the UK, RRP of £474.99, currently at £461.32 on the rain forest. Absolutely off the charts mental.

This is what happens when you use 2230 format PCBs for your storage :rolleyes:

I really hope they open it up to more vendors and relax the spec a bit. I'd wager an OEM could release a 2TB expansion drive for <£200 if they could run a cable from the expansion port to a 2280 format external drive (can't really have a 2280 poking out the back as there's too much risk of damage).

Soldato
This is what happens when you use 2230 format PCBs for your storage :rolleyes:

I really hope they open it up to more vendors and relax the spec a bit. I'd wager an OEM could release a 2TB expansion drive for <£200 if they could run a cable from the expansion port to a 2280 format external drive (can't really have a 2280 poking out the back as there's too much risk of damage).

I doubt they will because we have the option of using external storage. Not the best but its an option.

Soldato
Picked up Burnout Revenge in the recent sale for a fiver, man I love these old Burnout games!

Textures are bit rough as you'd expect but great fun and runs very nice.

Man of Honour
What's equally mental is people thinking they really need up to 3TB of games on-tap at one time.

It’s a shocking price; I’ve plugged in an unused external USB-C drive that cost me about £60 a few years ago; its a little slow to transfer stuff back and forth but fine for off-loading stuff and then moving it back as I want. £400+ is just nuts.

Associate
help me out with a RDR2 query. I see on the shop there is red dead online for £9 and it says it includes RDR2. Is that the full game? As RDR2 is showing on the shop on its own for £19. has the more expensive one been remastered for the series s/x? I just want to play the single player game and if its half the price if i get online as well then so be it!

Soldato
Started playing We Lucky Few yesterday after gamepass recommended it. Remember it not getting a very good reception but seems pretty decent so far. Just past the Bridge and into the second zone now.

Soldato
Anybody regularly get the "installation stopped" message when downloading from the store?

I'm getting it all the time and it's becoming a real pain to install any game (I'm on game pass).

Thanks

Associate
I just got a Series S from a relative who bought it, never used it, and forgot to send it back... so £100 later here I am :p I have a PS5 primarily but thought it would be handy to play through any Xbox exclusives/make use of Game Pass. My last Xbox was the 360!

What are people doing re: controller batteries? Lots on Amazon but they sound a mixed bag.

I bought the Venom twin dock for around £15, It comes with 2 batteries and just plugs into the back of the Xbox via USB socket. Make sure you get the series S|X version as it's slightly different to the Xbox One version.

Soldato
Thinking of playing fallout 4 again on series x as I never did finish it, has anything changed since release, I think there might be a 60fps mode now?

I also remember disliking the camp building aspect, was that an optional thing?

jpm

jpm

Associate
It has FPS boost yeah so now runs at 60fps, To your other question I'm not 100% sure if its optional because I actually enjoyed that part of the game and had my Sanctuary looking nice lol.

What did my head in was "another settlement needs your help" lol after about the 10th time is starts to grate.

Soldato
It has FPS boost yeah so now runs at 60fps, To your other question I'm not 100% sure if its optional because I actually enjoyed that part of the game and had my Sanctuary looking nice lol.

What did my head in was "another settlement needs your help" lol after about the 10th time is starts to grate.

Thanks, might actually leave it for now anyway, forgot that CP2077 next gen patch should be releasing soon and I want to restart that as never finished it.

Soldato
Thinking of playing fallout 4 again on series x as I never did finish it, has anything changed since release, I think there might be a 60fps mode now?

I also remember disliking the camp building aspect, was that an optional thing?
When I tried to run it at 60fps it kept the game windowed, never worked out how to get it full screen in boost mode. I spent over 1500 hours settlement building, absolutely loved it.

Back
Top Bottom