• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
You can you get the LG B model OLED for around that i think.

Yep:
https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-oled65b16la

I did see that one but seems out of stock in most places although have seen online delivery. Would rather view in person first.

I noticed the C series is around £300 more. Not sure if it is worth it though as they both do 120hz. Just seems the C series has a slightly newer chipset.

Soldato
I did see that one but seems out of stock in most places although have seen online delivery. Would rather view in person first.

I noticed the C series is around £300 more. Not sure if it is worth it though as they both do 120hz. Just seems the C series has a slightly newer chipset.

hope This is allowed

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/l...ogle-assistant-and-amazon-alexa-10221328.html

I personally went from a B7v model to a CX model….it creamed it… 55” models .

The AI sound was a BIG boost. I mostly use headphones tho.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
That's the one I have ordered. Not from them though as they couldn't give me a delivery date. Hopefully LG fares better than the slew of rubbish Samsung panels I have had in the past!

I did have screen burn with the b7v last year after 3+ years service. Managed to get a deal with the company I bought it from to pay the screen replacement bill. Then flogged it. New oled are supposedly better.

Soldato
Another issue. Lad left Minecraft and then went to play Forza "we couldn't complete your request....restart your console"

Certainly not a bullet proof console is it lol.

A quick restart allowed the game to start and seems to be fine.

No game crashes yet, seems to just be bugs in the OS itself.

I've played halo for a couple of hours with no issue from a graphics or temps perspective.

Soldato
So what is the current best / cheapest way to get GPU ?
follow the advice in the gamepass thread and get 3 x cheap live gold using a VPN and then upgrade to GPU from there. I've just done it, cost me ~$180NZD for 3 years of live (normally ~$350) + $20NZD for the upgrade and that converts all of the gold to GPU. If I had bought GPU direct, it would have been ~$250NZD per year. NZD = New Zealand Dollar which is approximate 1GBP = 2NZD.

Soldato
I've tried to buy the complete care package from MS with my smyths purchased console.

Agent asked me if I bought it directly....then said they would try and put it through. Got an instant refund email from PayPal.

They said I had to go to smyths. I said they don't have an extended warranty programme. So they said they would escalate and see if they can sort something.

I said it felt wrong that they are not making this clear on the MS site and giving me a different customer experience even when using their official reseller.

I wait for the result of the escalation.

Associate
I've tried to buy the complete care package from MS with my smyths purchased console.

Agent asked me if I bought it directly....then said they would try and put it through. Got an instant refund email from PayPal.

They said I had to go to smyths. I said they don't have an extended warranty programme. So they said they would escalate and see if they can sort something.

I said it felt wrong that they are not making this clear on the MS site and giving me a different customer experience even when using their official reseller.

I wait for the result of the escalation.

Be good to know the result of this, managed to order one from Currys and it's coming tomorrow. Tried a few times from the MS site but always seemed to miss out :D

Associate
Got £30 sitting on my account from reward points i traded in, after getting a refund on BF2042. unsure what to spend it on, it expires in 3 weeks.

Just make sure what ever you buy is out by the time your points expire (or you are paying the full amount from your balance).

Learnt this the hard way - preordered Elden Ring using my MS balance £49.51 and had to add the 48p from a card. The balance expired before they billed me the 48p so they charged the full whack to my card and I lost the £49.51

Caporegime
OP
Just make sure what ever you buy is out by the time your points expire (or you are paying the full amount from your balance).

Learnt this the hard way - preordered Elden Ring using my MS balance £49.51 and had to add the 48p from a card. The balance expired before they billed me the 48p so they charged the full whack to my card and I lost the £49.51

Dayum. That's practically a new XBox controller gone.

Soldato
If you preorder a game with expiring credit and then refund it you get an extra month added to the expiry date. Handy when there's nothing to purchase although it is annoying to have expiry dates.

Soldato

I used it against Elden Ring in the end, not played it yet mind, having a blast with CP2077 at the moment.

Soldato
Is gamepass worth it for very casual gamers. I like my RPG games but only get about 2-3 hours a week gaming a week and some of these games take 60+hrs wouldn't I find it cheaper to buy the game off cdkeys or CEX rather than getting gamepass?

Back
Top Bottom