Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just come here to ask a similar thing.

I have mine plugged into a ysp-2700 then into an lg oled b6.

My lad has struggled a few times recently and only told me over the weekend.

I've simplified and gone with the Xbox direct into the TV tonight.

It might be a different issue, but when I turned it on without switching to the input on the TV the console turned on, via the controller, but when I switched over to the input, I had a black screen. Then the Xbox decided to start.

There was an update at the beginning of the month.

As of now. It isn't starting at all lol. Gives me a beep beep then nothing, light stays on, then it gives me a double beep and shutdown.

How frustrating.

Ok third time and it's started properly.
So I booked in for repair, but it seems like the last update magically fixed our problems.

I'm gonna keep the repair open for a few weeks (must be shipped using the prepaid label within a month) and see what happens.

I wonder if theyve messed around with some HDMI stuff and fixed it.

Soldato
Had a series S for 12 months now, use it a few times a week when I need to stay up a bit later to prepare for a night shift. Mainly playing FH5, FIFA and Flight Sim.
Got the S but missed out by five minutes on a X when I went into Argos and up until recently no stock anywhere. But there seems to be loads available now at AO, Argos etc.
is it really worth upgrading? I do have a 4K telly but it’s only a cheapish £900 55 inch LG.N
You're not a hardcore gamer stick with what you have unless you really need the graphics upgrades for the 3 games you play. Upgrade when a games you play runs like sht.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any opinions in here on the official MS wireless headset? Mine is a pretty crappy third party wired one which feels like it’s cutting my ears off after an hour or so…

Soldato
Any opinions in here on the official MS wireless headset? Mine is a pretty crappy third party wired one which feels like it’s cutting my ears off after an hour or so…

Faultless and work perfectly sounds amazing too.

I had to make a couple of additions to mine, mostly on my own with that though but I removed the ear cups and replaced them with some 3rd party ones and added a headband, can wear them for ages now without any discomfort

Soldato
Another happy customer for the wireless headset, @Relentless81 can you link up the band and the cups please?

Cups -

Geekria QuickFit Mesh Fabric Replacement Ear Pads for SteelSeries Arctis Prime Arctis PRO Arctis 9X Arctis 7 Arctis 5 Arctis 3 Headphones Ear Cushions, Headset Earpads, Ear Cups Repair (Black)​

Band -

Geekria Flex Fabric Headband Pad Compatible with SteelSeries Arctis 5, Arctis 3 Headphone Replacement Headband/Headband Cushion/Replacement Pad Repair Parts (Dark + White)​

You'll need a way to fix the band to the headset, if you search YouTube you'll find the same guide I used and it works perfectly

Caporegime
Yeah not bothered about 360 games being exhausted. I just wish they exhausted Xbox one games too! Nearly two years in and they are still basing games around the old console. I watched my son play overwatch 2 beta and it might as well have been on the Xbox one.

Pathetic amount of titles for a near 2 year old console.

Soldato
Heads up for Microsoft rewards points collectors - you can now change them into Amazon gift vouchers. How ironic then that I should do so and promptly buy PlayStation cards. :D
That’s great. I have about 65k currently, had close to 170k recently before trading in for gold codes towards ultimate conversion.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's quite complex in terms of the ruleset but introduces it very nicely. Make sure you create your own characters and don't use the standard ones, takes a while but well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom