• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm not "console bashing" in any way, shape or form. I had a PS4, Hairdryer/PS4 Pro and they were both great. I honestly don't "get" why everyone thinks their games are so good? Most of the really good stuff is multi platform imo.

Associate
I was leaning PS5 as i wanted FF7 and Medievil plus a powerful console, but given those games are PS4 territory, FF7 part 2 is a long way off, the PS5 looks gross to me, i'm leaning XB Series S/X.

I think MS are playing their cards very well right now. And i'll be the first to say my XB1 was the worst console i ever owned.

Soldato
I'm not "console bashing" in any way, shape or form. I had a PS4, Hairdryer/PS4 Pro and they were both great. I honestly don't "get" why everyone thinks their games are so good? Most of the really good stuff is multi platform imo.

With you there 100%. Friends of mine who have a PlayStation defend it with exclusives, yet I've never seen a single one play any. Meanwhile myself and another mate who predominantly play Xbox also have a PS4 and do play one or two exclusives.

My original Xbox One was pretty poor, but with my experience from my One X, the opposition for next gen doesn't appeal one bit. And I began my journey with Sony, like so many others.

Caporegime
Would you want to pre-prder something that you're not sure how it will perform?

It’s going to perform better than my 1X so it’s a no brainer so yes, absolutely. No reason not to.

Christ I’d be embarrassed to release that video. Literally no reason to buy a Series X because you can build a gaming PC with a 580 apparently. The series 1X would trounce any gaming PC with a 580. He’s a clown.

Last edited:
Soldato
It has a title like something out of a tabloid. What do you expect? :D

I too am very tempted to pre-order. Hopefully this time it'll be smoother, as Barclays locked my account when I pre-ordered the Xbox One...

Soldato
Would you want to pre-prder something that you're not sure how it will perform?

Yes, absolutely yes. History tells us the same story regarding console releases. Shops will be sold out for months, some pre-orders will get cancelled. You don't get charged till the item ships. There is no risk in pre-ordering.

I'll do what I usually do and pre-order with three different sellers. Usually one of them comes up with the goods. If it's crap, i'll simply cancel the order.

Soldato
Where are people thinking of pre-ordering from? Last time I just went straight to the MS Store, as I felt it would give me a good chance of getting one right away.

I'd like to say Tesco's because:
24/7
Easy parking
Don't have to wait for delivery drivers
It is a 5 minute walk away

But, do they do preorders? And will they be any good at 'delivering'.

Soldato
Has Forza been confirmed for launch or is that coming next year as well? Actually, rumours seem to be 2021 for it as well.

No Forza/Halo means I'll probably give it a miss this year anyway. I suspect a lot of folk will feel the same way.

Associate
Has Forza been confirmed for launch or is that coming next year as well? Actually, rumours seem to be 2021 for it as well.

No Forza/Halo means I'll probably give it a miss this year anyway. I suspect a lot of folk will feel the same way.

will run everything I own already way better, I don’t see point in waiting

Associate
Whilst a Halo delay may disappoint some, I suspect it'll still sell out.........and unless you preorder, you could see Halo released before you can buy a XsX

Soldato
Personally I think I might go for the cheaper Xbox Series S (Lockhart?) which sounds like it might release alongside the Series X as I only really use my Xbox as a Forza/Halo and GamePass machine. Depends what the price difference looks like really.

Agreed, with limited stock and no likelihood of price drops for a long time might as well buy and enjoy it as soon as possible.

With the likely high launch price of Xbox/PS5 this year (£500+) it makes the likelyhood of substantial price drops (in the £100-200 range) down the line quite likely IMO.

Especially if sales aren't great which given the current state of the economy could be quite likely. I'm not convinced folk will be rushing out to spend £500+ on game consoles when they're worried about jobs and how to pay the bills. Still, being broke never seems to stop folk rushing out to buy the latest £1000 smartphone so maybe I'm wrong with that assumption :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom