• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Kinda like the look of both Kena and Stray. Really wanting to see something Fable from the next Microsoft event(July?) as this would sway me to get the Xbox first and PS5 a bit later.

Same here. Plus Fable (if the rumours are true). Also, Kena and Stray from the PS5 conference. They're probably the four games I'm most looking forward to, based on what's been shown so far.

Soldato
So Microsoft have currently dropped the rewards points to claim a £5 card to 5050 (usually 5850 @ lvl 2) and £10 to 10100 (usually 11700 @ lvl 2) until 05/07/2020 with the usual '*Promotional gift card. Spend within 90 days of deposit.' restriction.

With the XSX not yet announced for pre-order, if it were to be available say late November, any credit deposited from 05/07/2020 will have expired before any pre-order has been billed (usually ~10 days before the due release date).

My question is if I redeemed my points now and got the promotional credit under the current offer, could I then use the existing balance to buy normal Microsoft gift cards from the online store which has no expiry limit??

Has anyone done this??

I have a substantial amount of points that I am saving for payment towards the XSX.

Caporegime
OP
I have a substantial amount of points that I am saving for payment towards the XSX.

This is also my plan but I think the £5 for 5050 will come around again nearer launch. I think it was only 4 or 5 months since the last one. And you can also do it when the Xbox gift card comes up as well.

Soldato
This is also my plan but I think the £5 for 5050 will come around again nearer launch. I think it was only 4 or 5 months since the last one. And you can also do it when the Xbox gift card comes up as well.

The problem is with any of the promotional offers, you stand to loose the credit within 90 days of depositing it. I've lost £5 before when I pre-ordered State of Decay 2 a few years back. Luckily I had asked Microsoft Store support beforehand (was given incorrect advice) and was given 3 months of Live in lieu of the error.

If you can buy normal gift cards using the balance after depositing promotional credit then all restrictions are lifted as store bought gift cards have none. I'm tempted to try cashing in £5 worth of points and testing the theory.

Caporegime
OP
The problem is with any of the promotional offers, you stand to loose the credit within 90 days of depositing it.

I suppose it depends on how long you are willing to wait after the XSX launches... just in case in takes until March 2021 for example, for the offer to re-appear. I'm not sure I could wait that long to buy the console but then I'd use the reward points for something else like a second controller or maybe they will be selling the 1TB SSD expansion carts on the store. I don't think it would go to waste. Worst case scenario is convert them to Argos points (taking a 50% value hit) and buy the console from there.

Soldato
Planning to pre-order for release so ideally want to have the cash available when the pre-orders are billed. I could do the pre-order on credit card and get another expansion drive like you mention, but I've got plans to carry on using my 8TB drive for storage, and a SSD via USB for One X games while keeping the XSX storage for XSX games or my frequently played One X games.

Soldato
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but is Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 coming to the Series X or is it just for One? I'm a huge FS fan but not had a PC in years, seeing it come to console is good but also leaving me confused. Is there any FS info specifically for the console, every search I make seems to bring up PC info.

Soldato
I'd assume there is no mention of Series X as it must be being released prior to the console launch? Platforms just read 'Xbox, Windows 10' at the bottom of the page, plus the emphasis on backwards compatibility by MS for next gen, would make me suspect first-party titles such as this will be on XSX. :)

Associate
Seems Microsoft is closing Mixer and moving to Facebook Gaming as a streaming platform. Wonder if that'll be splattered all over the XBox dashboard in the next update.

Major Nelson has confirmed on Reddit - "If you are asking if the current Mixer integration in the dashboard is just going to become Facebook gaming. The answer is no".

He follows up saying there will be no sharing of personal information\stats with Facebook either, for what its worth.

Soldato
Sounds a bit like this could be a partnership in the other direction, e.g. xCloud integrated in to Facebook Gaming. Isn't that "the dream" with game streaming anyway? You watch someone playing a game, or you watch an advert, or a review, or a trailer, and can immediately jump in to said game (maybe even at the same point).

Soldato
Major Nelson has confirmed on Reddit - "If you are asking if the current Mixer integration in the dashboard is just going to become Facebook gaming. The answer is no".

He follows up saying there will be no sharing of personal information\stats with Facebook either, for what its worth.
Thank god for that. Seen a graphic of yoy growth amongst streaming content. It's basically a twitch only service now, mixer got. Nothing from Ninja and Shroud. Which although how they got there money, it goes to show that streaming people don't really carry much weight.

Back
Top Bottom