• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I only play a handful of games at a time. Storage is an issue on a portable like the Switch, but on an always online console I'll just pipe the game through my 10Gb connection as and when I fancy playing them.

I'm the opposite, currently have 8tb external HDD and 1tb internal ssd.

I just download games from game pass and play them when I'm in right mood for that type of game.

I keep all FPS and racing games installed, I can jump between them. Overwatch, halo, gears, rainbow six, pubg, cod so on ...

Soldato
Interesting - so you use a console standing up :p

Factor in a nice 4k TV to use with your new console (with Variable Refresh Rate), sound bar etc.. and you could be talking £3k+ too :p

BTW- We saw Gaming Laptops for around £1.2k running Fortnite at max settings at over 100fps .....and you can easily take it with you, anywhere :)

Anywhere with a 240v socket.

Soldato
I generally have no more than 5 games installed at any one time. If I don't intend on playing it I don't need it installed. Usually whatever go to MP game I am in to (maybe 2 tops) and some single player stuff. If I am done with it, I uninstall it and move on to something else.

Caporegime
I generally have no more than 5 games installed at any one time. If I don't intend on playing it I don't need it installed. Usually whatever go to MP game I am in to (maybe 2 tops) and some single player stuff. If I am done with it, I uninstall it and move on to something else.

Same

I try not to play more than one (story centric) single player game at a time, anyway.

Soldato
I have 12TB plugged into my X... Will just swap them over and use the internal SSD for what I’m playing exactly as I do now...

I do like how open they have been with this release.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I only play a handful of games at a time. Storage is an issue on a portable like the Switch, but on an always online console I'll just pipe the game through my 10Gb connection as and when I fancy playing them. I appreciate not having to pay for many TBs of storage at £100's per TB!

With the expansion slot the crazies have the option of paying £250 for an extra 1 TB if they want it.
:D

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

The price isn't all too ridiculous compared to what PCIe 4.0 nvme drives are for the same storage price to be fair... But it just seems crazy as an add on to what is already going to be an expensive console by the looks of things.

Soldato
I don't think anyone's gonna have storage problems who doesn't want to. There's 14 TB HDDs going for $200. That will only get cheaper. A usb 3.2 dock is like $25-30. To move a 100 GB game it's gonna take like 2-3 minutes. It's honestly a non-issue. The slottable SSDs are for chumps to get fleeced, and for MS to recoup some money they'll lose on this hardware. That's all.

Btw, did this vis-a-vis performance just now (from review data; the XSX performance part is my assumption based on 5700 XT). We can definitely expect as-fast or faster than 2080 Super performance (and actual results far above) since this is based just from Tflops & XSX will crush the 2080S bandwidth-wise:

G7nxvhI.png

Associate
I don't think anyone's gonna have storage problems who doesn't want to. There's 14 TB HDDs going for $200. That will only get cheaper. A usb 3.2 dock is like $25-30. To move a 100 GB game it's gonna take like 2-3 minutes. It's honestly a non-issue. The slottable SSDs are for chumps to get fleeced, and for MS to recoup some money they'll lose on this hardware. That's all.

Btw, did this vis-a-vis performance just now (from review data; the XSX performance part is my assumption based on 5700 XT). We can definitely expect as-fast or faster than 2080 Super performance (and actual results far above) since this is based just from Tflops & XSX will crush the 2080S bandwidth-wise:

G7nxvhI.png

What everyone is forgetting is that the Series X games rely on PCI 4.0 that is built into internal SSD and the proprietary Seagate drive so due to PCI 4.0/bandwidth requirements you simply can't plug in an external HDD and expect your Series X generation games to play on an external HDD, I presume you can only games from previous generations on external HDD's.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/16/...sion-cards-removable-storage-support-features

Shawrey

Soldato
I do like a quiet console too, CoD is obviously pushing my X a bit more as the fans are audible when playing that but it's acceptable. The PS4 Pro noise feedback really puts me off getting one, so I'm planning to skip the PS4 generation and enjoy their exclusives remastered on 5, hopefully, as long as it's better.

Soldato
I do like a quiet console too, CoD is obviously pushing my X a bit more as the fans are audible when playing that but it's acceptable. The PS4 Pro noise feedback really puts me off getting one, so I'm planning to skip the PS4 generation and enjoy their exclusives remastered on 5, hopefully, as long as it's better.

I'm not holding out much hope that Sony will have invested much into the quiet cooling solution which will be a shame as it distracts me too.

Soldato
What? again?

:rolleyes:

It's been dead/dying for 20 odd years, yet here we are with still the best platform and ecosystem without a shadow of a doubt and booming. XBX looks good though.

;)
Yup, every single new console launch everyone says RIP PC, but its still here and going from strength to strength. People always bring up the prices of PC vs console and these same people are probably tapping away on their Iphone/Imac. Give it a couple of years and you will get a PC that beats this gen of consoles for less.

Soldato
What everyone is forgetting is that the Series X games rely on PCI 4.0 that is built into internal SSD and the proprietary Seagate drive so due to PCI 4.0/bandwidth requirements you simply can't plug in an external HDD and expect your Series X generation games to play on an external HDD, I presume you can only games from previous generations on external HDD's.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/16/...sion-cards-removable-storage-support-features

Shawrey

I'm not talking about playing from HDD but rather using it as storage. Read carefully!

Soldato
A PC has its place and all that but the appeal to spend loads on upgrading to the latest and greatest must be certainly be dying with a lot of people.

The Series X looks really good value for money given the specs.

Not all people really need to upgrade, just like they don't really need to upgrade their phones and other stuff. You can still play on old Sandy Bridge processors and graphics cards games that come out know. On top of that, 2 years of support (games) for older consoles too, means not much will happen with the new ones...

Back
Top Bottom